Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I have the Hunger!

(9 Posts)
MoreBoober Mon 27-May-13 17:35:39

Well I'm 6+6 and have the most insatiable hunger. If I don't eat every 2 hrs then I have a massive blood sugar crash and feel very sick very quick. I had this with my DS but I don't remember it being so bad. I can't describe how hungry I feel. Please tell me I'm not alone?

bubbatime Mon 27-May-13 17:50:59

Me too. I am 6 +4weeks. I am generally a pie woman though, always on a diet and I honestly don't know if i'm just trying to justify eating blush. Today i snacked healthily but really got very hungry very quickly. Obviously a healthy pregnancy is the most importNt thing.... But i am a little envy at those people whose symptoms are to go off food!!

SadPander Mon 27-May-13 18:09:13

Me too! I'm 9 weeks and this is the only sickness I am getting really (which i find a bit worrying but that's another story). I've found the best way to deal with it is to stuff my face all day long - not good for the weight! Its that kind of, so hungry I feel sick feeling, but only about 20 mins after I've just eaten something - how can I be so hungry?!

PoppettyPing Mon 27-May-13 19:59:27

Oh god. I was a bloody Hoover. It was all-consuming, soul-destroying hunger. Don't worry, it passes!

MoreBoober Mon 27-May-13 20:55:00

So looks like we are in the minority ladies grin
I only just finished losing my baby weight from the first time round but looks like a might put it back on within the next few weeks the way I'm going!

PinkParsnips Mon 27-May-13 20:59:41

God yes I remember this!! From about 7-8 weeks.
Awful gut wrenching hunger all the time ugh!
You have my sympathy!

Cassiphone Mon 27-May-13 21:01:19

That happened to me too! I had to eat ALL THE TIME from about 6 weeks through to 10 weeks. I'm 11 weeks now and the insatiable hunger has receded (my bum has grown though sad)...

sjuperyoni Mon 27-May-13 21:18:13

I had this with ds i just stuffed my face with mostly healthy food - lucky i like it anyway - but from 5 to 7 months i ate donuts and chippy teas/takeaways most days blush i put on under 2 syone the whole pregnancy and ds was 8lb 12 with a massive placenta so eat away grin

This time around i could barely eat until 16 weeks and even now at 29 weeks i need to be careful sad sweet things make me feel/be sick so i rarely eat them, i live on pears just now smile

SlinkyB Mon 27-May-13 21:42:50

I too have The Hunger! Feel sick if I don't eat around every two hours. Luckily for me, this isn't too dissimilar to my usual eating habits grin

Am only 5+4, and am waiting nervously for proper morning sickness to kick in. I figure I may aswell enjoy food before I go off it altogether for a few weeks?!

Only really fancying junk food atm, which is not great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now