Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Water slides in early pregnancy??

(10 Posts)
bubbatime Sun 19-May-13 10:33:19

In only 5 weeks.. At center parcs. Safe for me to go on the slides or not? Everything says no pregnant women... But I wondered if I would be ok since so early on?or not ? Here with all my family and no one knows I'm pg...

bubbatime Sun 19-May-13 10:33:52

Sorry, meant I'M only 5 weeks...

VivaLeBeaver Sun 19-May-13 10:35:17

Yes, you'll be fine.

EuroShaggleton Sun 19-May-13 10:36:28

It depends on your attitude to risk.

I think I'd go personally. The act of sliding carries no risk that I can see. The only possible risk I can identify is of someone landing on you in the pool at the end and your mini bean is so well protected it is unlikely to do any harm.

Consider how you would feel if (sorry for raising this) you mc'd. Even if you knew logiclly that going on the slide didn't cause it, would you blame yourself?

EuroShaggleton Sun 19-May-13 10:36:48

*logically

Aoifebelle Sun 19-May-13 10:43:56

elf n' safety gone mad. Just keep your legs crossed and you will be fine

drcharliegirl Sun 19-May-13 11:18:50

don't think the ones at Center Parcs are likely to be all that white knuckle... Go ahead and have fun!

Fmshields Sun 19-May-13 13:27:41

I went to center parcs (sherwood) at 5wks too! (now 18wks!) I just checked the signs on the slides and they didn't mention anything about not going on if you're pregnant. It's about all we did all week- go on the river rapids! The only thing was the bubble pools as they are too warm for baby. Have a great holiday smile

Excited85 Sun 19-May-13 13:41:42

I spent an hour on a surf machine when a few weeks pregnant, being flung aboutby waves and falling off board onto my tummy! Baby all fine though, they are really well protected in there. I'd go and have fun, enjoy it!! x

bubbatime Sun 19-May-13 14:07:22

Thanks everyone! Feel greatly reassured... X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now