Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this milk?

(11 Posts)
samsmother Thu 16-May-13 23:22:37

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post but am hoping someone on DC2+ may be able to help, have posted in Breastfeeding too. I just had the urge to squeeze my nipples when I got out of the shower earlier and a little bit of white stuff came out. I stopped BF almost a year ago, is this milk? And more importantly is it normal?

Futterby Fri 17-May-13 00:14:54

Hmm. You should probably get that checked out. It's probably nothing but if it's not bloody try not to worry. Check this out for some information - women.webmd.com/guide/breast-nipple-discharge

limetictacs Fri 17-May-13 11:32:13

It sounds like milk. My DS is almost 4 and I could still express tiny amounts of milk if I squeezed my nipples even 3 years later (I'm 39w pregnant now so milk is coming through properly again anyway).
I wouldn't worry too much although if you have other symptoms then see your GP.

Slothlorien Fri 17-May-13 12:29:25

Colostrum. It's ok. It's your body getting ready. Massive changes. Mine leaked all three pregnancies, really freaked me out the first time.

4yoniD Fri 17-May-13 12:34:30

Yep, milk. I kept making it for at least a year (then stopped checking!)

Futterby Fri 17-May-13 12:34:34

Are you currently pregnant? If you are then I wouldn't worry about it at all.

MonstersDontCry Fri 17-May-13 12:36:01

I'm assuming you're pregnant. If so, I wouldn't worry.

samsmother Sat 18-May-13 22:48:28

Thanks everyone for your advice, I'm not currently pregnant (well test says I'm not anyway!) but I feel reassured by your responses. Thanks also for your info Futterby, have had a look but am not concerned anymore

Choccybaby Sun 19-May-13 09:49:55

I was still able to express a few drops of milk up to 8 years after stopping breast feeding.
I'm sure I've read about grandmothers wet nursing grandchildren when necessary eg maternal death, so perhaps the "ability" never really goes.

4yoniD Sun 19-May-13 12:07:38

8 YEARS???? <faints>

Slothlorien Sun 19-May-13 14:31:28

I had a 'test squeeze' in the bath and still got milk there. Stopped breastfeeding 18 months ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now