Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks and have some questions.

(6 Posts)
SammyFirstBaby Mon 22-Apr-13 12:14:32

I'm seeing a consultant tommrow after going to docs last Friday, to see about being induced early due to many reasons:
1- I live in a block and its on the first floor, it doesn't sound bad but it's taken me at least 20+ mins the last few weeks to get up the stairs due to pain and being breathlessness.
2- walking up the stairs has caused me to have asthma attacks and by the time I reach the top I'm often sick in the toilet
3- I haven't sleept more than 3-4 hours a night for the last two weeks
4- I can't eat due to the fact the food gets stuck in between what feels like my throat and tummy
4- I've also had fake labour pains for the last 2 months, I've been rushed to hospital many times and nothings ever been done, no explanation.

What are the chances of him inducing me? If I wasn't in this much pain I'd wait till he was ready but I just can't. Please don't say "this is normal" that's driving me nuts.sad

dyslexicdespot Mon 22-Apr-13 12:18:31

Poor you, that sounds horrible. I don't have any advice to give but I didn't want to read and run. Hope you have your baby soon!

Reenypip Mon 22-Apr-13 12:41:04

Hiya,
I've got lots of health problems and disabled. I take a lot of very strong medication even when pregnant. The absolute earliest they will do my c section is 39 weeks, and that's despite all the severe pain and debilitating symptoms.
Good luck , stay strong!

Reenypip Mon 22-Apr-13 12:42:24

They did offer to admit me as inpatient before and stay there until baby comes but still wouldn't do any earlier unless life threatening.

SammyFirstBaby Mon 22-Apr-13 13:00:48

That doesn't sound to good... I feel like I'm having a breakdown I'm in so much pain sad

SammyFirstBaby Mon 22-Apr-13 13:23:54

That doesn't sound to good... I feel like I'm having a breakdown I'm in so much pain sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now