Talk

Advanced search

Ohhhh I feel guilty!!

(3 Posts)
Missy28 Sun 21-Apr-13 10:21:28

Last week I went back to work following a week off with terrible back and leg ache and I managed to bring my maternity leave forward. I now finish this Friday instead of 17th May but I'm having anxiety about it! I'm worried I'm leaving work in the lurch (even though I'm determined to make sure EVERYTHING is nicely organised before I go) and I'm panicking about money. My lovely boyfriend keeps telling me it will be fine and not to worry but I can't help it. I'm on a fixed contract so I'll be on Maternity Allowance so it's a significant dip in income anyway but the panic is setting in. I know I'm stopping work for the right reason, the insides of my legs are SO painful (has anyone had this before btw??) and even getting out of bed is a struggle let alone getting myself ready, driving to work and sitting at my uncomfortable desk all day.

Just realised how moany I sound, sorry! I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that I'm doing the right thing and it will all be ok! smile

WildeRumpus Sun 21-Apr-13 10:38:31

It'll be ok! I felt really guilty going on maternity leave too, but once you are home and get into the swing of it... And work stop calling... It is a special time! Enjoy, your health is more important than work smile

Kelly1814 Sun 21-Apr-13 13:34:13

I completely understand, I've been signed off work, I know I don't feel we'll enough to be back at a very demanding job, but I feel so guilty...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now