Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Discharge or mucus plug ?

(10 Posts)
laurajane89 Sat 13-Apr-13 20:40:51

I am 34+3 weeks pregnant with my first baby, i have been having braxton hicks since last night and i have just been to the toilet and saw a big jelly like clear blob (sorry for tmi)
Would this just be discharge or my plug?

Makinglists Sat 13-Apr-13 20:42:21

No idea but as you are 34 weeks I would call midwife/hospital and check it out with them - just to be on the safe side.

laurajane89 Sat 13-Apr-13 20:57:37

I was hoping to avoid calling my midwife or hospital as i always feel i am being a pain blush

Haylebop12 Sat 13-Apr-13 21:01:19

I think if it was your plug it would have some blood in it too... I may be wrong that's just my experience. My plug went at 37+5.

Second getting in touch with mw.

TinkyPeet Sat 13-Apr-13 21:01:56

Don't feel like you're being a pain at all, they would rather you call than god forbid something happen and you haven't gone in soon enough. A quick phone all and you will know exactly what to do next whether that's a trip down to be checked or a bath and bed! Xx

laurajane89 Sat 13-Apr-13 21:03:38

Yes i also thought that your plug would have blood in it

Abigail9580 Sat 13-Apr-13 21:10:58

I would get it checked, otherwise you'll just worry all night. Xx

laurajane89 Sat 13-Apr-13 21:34:02

Okay thanks ladies x

enjay0811 Sun 14-Apr-13 23:43:29

Hi Laura did u phone mw? Fwiw, I'm 39+2 with dc3 and lost my plug a few days ago. With all 3 dc, it has been a clear jelly like blob, without blood. However, I don't think it means labour is imminent as u can lose it weeks before birth and it sometimes 'regrows' - can come away due to dtd etc. Best to phone your mw if your worried though as they will advise without thinking you're a pain! wink

laurajane89 Wed 17-Apr-13 13:50:38

Yes i saw my midwife and she said she thinks it was my plug and only to worry if i get any pain, which im not so all is good. Thanks for your help ladies x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now