Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I keep getting migraines ..

(3 Posts)
LamisGhazi Sun 07-Apr-13 20:01:13

Freaked me out at first and it stays for more than 72 hours even if I sleep and wake up .. It doesn't go away ! How can I treat it without taking any pills that would harm my 8 week old baby

DIYandEatCake Sun 07-Apr-13 21:12:41

Have you seen a doctor and confirmed it as migraine rather than anything else? Did you suffer from them before pregnancy?

You have my utmost sympathy, I suffered with migraines a lot in my last pregnancy and am dreading it happening again (only just found out I'm pg so early days yet). Paracetamol did bugger all, the gp did prescribe an anti sickness drug that was ok in pg as some occasions I'd be throwing up every 20mins for 24 hours... That helped a bit as I could keep some fluids down. But if it's any consolation they disappeared after about 17 weeks and have been better during breast feeding as well than before I was pregnant...

tilder Sun 07-Apr-13 21:17:18

I second going to see your gp. My migraines were worse during pregnancy but he did give me some different medication than my usual.

I think paracetamol is their standard painkiller during pregnancy? They can't test drugs on pregnant women so from memory they decide based on things like molecule size and if it would cross the placenta?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now