Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

convinced it's TWINS pre 12 weeks....anyone else? any advice?

(11 Posts)
TwoPoundCharityShopShoes Wed 20-Mar-13 17:48:38

Yep, no difference here between da1 and dts apart from there being two babies at the 12 wk scan grin

besidetheseaside Tue 19-Mar-13 12:26:13

With both pregnancies I was very sick and worried about twins, both singletons though. I think it's a facing your fears thing as the scan approaches, what could be etc.

MammaCici Tue 19-Mar-13 12:08:27

I'm another who was CERTAIN I was having twins with DC1. I measured large, was very ill and fainting etc.. When I heard it was a singleton I then was confident it was a girl. When he finally arrived I was shocked he was a he! Funny to read such a similar experience above.
This time around the only thing I'm sure about is that I have no idea... Other than it being another singleton. It's funny how certain you can feel first time around!

gardenpixie32 Tue 19-Mar-13 12:04:46

I had extreme fatigue & bad morning sickness, twins never crossed my mind. Got a big shock at 12 week scan.

Do let us know how you get on.

Maggie111 Tue 19-Mar-13 09:40:31

No signs that you're having twins... Unless the scan shows 2 babies!

I had hardly any morning sickness or any extreme symptoms at all! A very easy 12 weeks.

BananaramaLlama Mon 18-Mar-13 21:59:29

I was sick 10 times a day (compared with 1-2 first pg), wondered about twins... They are now coming up on 5.

Sickness eased off by around 16 weeks, hope you feel better soon.

TeWiSavesTheDay Mon 18-Mar-13 20:48:39

My friend had less morning sickness with her twins, there's not a multiple babies = more sickness link, hope that reassures you!

Jojobump1986 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:42:32

I was convinced it was twins. It wasn't. Then I was convinced it was a girl. He's not... It's just a very different pregnancy to my last one!

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Mon 18-Mar-13 20:40:03

No clue at all and I have twins.
Didn't have any 'symptoms'.

When is your scan.

holidaysdistantmemory Mon 18-Mar-13 20:37:28

Sorry no, 2 dcs, on third pregnancy, no symptoms any different to others and expecting twins this time, found out at 12 week scan...

Good luck tho, you never know!

LexieH Mon 18-Mar-13 16:46:38

Hiya,

so i am a few days away from my 12 week scan and convinced i'm carrying twins.

I have severe morning sickness and on medication but also i am off all food...
It is struggle to eat anything at all but i am hungry ALL the time.... nothing what so ever fills me up at all..... i eat all day long.. even though i have to force myself and water makes me sick.. even though it's all i want to drink....

sound similar to anyone who turned out to have twins?

thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now