Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breast milk already??!!!

(6 Posts)
InTheNightGarden Tue 13-Nov-12 16:34:04

I'm 26weeks pregnant and have just started getting milk :-/

I had my daughter at 32weeks (hadn't had any milk come in till wayyy past her birth). Bit scared this could be a sign of preterm labour again! Don't want to ring my midwife in case this is a stupid question! Is it normal to get milk this early?

TheDetective Tue 13-Nov-12 16:44:14

It is, yes smile Very normal!

If it reassures you, I got mine at 26 weeks with DS. He was born at t+13. I am now T+10 with my second, and started producing colostrum at 18 weeks smile

Very very normal! Relax!

Nicky1306 Tue 13-Nov-12 16:46:59

Yes totally normal I'm 28 weeks my milk came in around 26 weeks . And never worry about calling your midwife, no question is a silly question smile x x

ZuleikaD Tue 13-Nov-12 17:01:11

Perfectly normal. In both my previous pregnancies (both of which went overdue) I was getting masses of colostrum such that my pyjama top would be soaked at night.

Jemimapuddleduk Tue 13-Nov-12 17:30:11

I have been producing small amounts since 12 weeks! Very annoying.

InTheNightGarden Tue 13-Nov-12 21:06:17

YAY smile smile will now chill and have a hot choccy (with cows milk ;) ) !!! Thank you ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now