Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Breast milk already??!!!

(6 Posts)
InTheNightGarden Tue 13-Nov-12 16:34:04

I'm 26weeks pregnant and have just started getting milk :-/

I had my daughter at 32weeks (hadn't had any milk come in till wayyy past her birth). Bit scared this could be a sign of preterm labour again! Don't want to ring my midwife in case this is a stupid question! Is it normal to get milk this early?

TheDetective Tue 13-Nov-12 16:44:14

It is, yes smile Very normal!

If it reassures you, I got mine at 26 weeks with DS. He was born at t+13. I am now T+10 with my second, and started producing colostrum at 18 weeks smile

Very very normal! Relax!

Nicky1306 Tue 13-Nov-12 16:46:59

Yes totally normal I'm 28 weeks my milk came in around 26 weeks . And never worry about calling your midwife, no question is a silly question smile x x

ZuleikaD Tue 13-Nov-12 17:01:11

Perfectly normal. In both my previous pregnancies (both of which went overdue) I was getting masses of colostrum such that my pyjama top would be soaked at night.

Jemimapuddleduk Tue 13-Nov-12 17:30:11

I have been producing small amounts since 12 weeks! Very annoying.

InTheNightGarden Tue 13-Nov-12 21:06:17

YAY smile smile will now chill and have a hot choccy (with cows milk ;) ) !!! Thank you ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now