Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How bad would it be if I got the WVB - our 3 YO has come back from nursery feeling sick?

(7 Posts)
Amnewtoallthis Mon 12-Nov-12 15:44:02

Am 14 weeks pregnant - just wondering!

lauraellajane Mon 12-Nov-12 18:29:40

What's WVB?

Dillydollydaydream Mon 12-Nov-12 18:31:59

www.nhs.uk/conditions/Norovirus/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I'm guessing winter vomiting bug?

This nhs website says its fine.

AThingInYourLife Mon 12-Nov-12 18:38:46

It will be vile, I got it last winter when pregnant.

But it's always pretty vile.

Just watch for dehydration.

Hopefully you won't get it <crosses fingers>

Notmyidea Mon 12-Nov-12 18:44:50

I'm on the second day of it. It's not been fun, and taking me longer to get over the "limp dishrag" feeling after the vomiting has passed than it would normally, but baby is still happily squirming away in theresmile

TwitchyTail Mon 12-Nov-12 19:27:33

I got this a couple of weeks ago, just after improving from three months of terrible "morning sickness". It barely bothered me at all, as I had become so used to vomming; I just took it in my stride. Ha ha.

But yes, won't be a problem for the baby unless you become dangerously dehydrated, as it would for anyone.

Bunnychan Mon 12-Nov-12 19:43:07

I had it last Wednesday then I had my scan that Friday so I knew that baby was ok; I couldn't even keep sips of water down. It was all quite quick though and as long as you watch out for dehydration, it's fine x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now