Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Terrible diarrhoea at 35wks....(sorry if TMI!)

(8 Posts)
icravecheese Mon 12-Sep-11 12:23:43

Hi Ladies,
Sorry, not particularly delightful title of post! But this morning I woke up with a really rumbling tummy, went to toilet & I have terrible (literally liquid) diarrhoea.

I feel totally fine in myself, so I don't think it can be a tummy bug. Baby movements are fine, she's still bobbing around somewhere between transverse / oblique... I am just a teeny bit concerned as both my 2 previous labours have started off with this symptom (diarrhoea, usually followed by a show a few hours later, although no show so far today). I'm booked for an ELCS at the beginning of Oct, although apparently it I were to go into labour early I would still have a CS.

Has anyone else had this sort of tummy trouble in the last few weeks of their pregnancy? I can't think why I would have such awful diarrhoea but no other symptoms of a tummy bug or anything else.....?

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 12-Sep-11 12:33:36

No sorry. Though that probably doesn't reassure you in any way grin.

BigBabyBoots Mon 12-Sep-11 13:57:57

I had this around 35 weeks too, on and off for a week. Also no other symptoms to suggest it was a tummy bug so I started to worry it might be a sign that things would happen soon! 38 weeks today and still no baby... Tummy still has it's dodgy moments though - could be all the hormones?

icravecheese Mon 12-Sep-11 14:05:10

Yep, wonder if it could be hormones. So unpleasant tho - just started doing the school run last wk as DS has started school, keep worrying I'm going to get caught short in the playground!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 12-Sep-11 19:28:49

Icravecheese - hello again smile I also had a week of the runs at about 35-36 weeks and I'm still very much pregnant (with no ELCE date yet either) at 37+2.

I was also very worried about the playschool run! grin

BigBabyBoots Tue 13-Sep-11 08:11:12

Eeek! Don't remind me of being caught short! blush

icravecheese Tue 13-Sep-11 10:29:29

Hi Alovelybunch - how are you doing? Is your baby still breech? Can't believe you don't have a date yet for c-sect or induction (can't remember which you're having?!). I'm counting the days til ELCS (3wks on friday)! GOod luck!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Tue 13-Sep-11 10:47:40

Hiya cheese smile Yes still very much breech and so uncimfortable. I won't get my date until my appt at 38+5 so cutting it pretty fine. It's ridiculous. Hope things go well for you for yours smile let me know! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now