Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any one on the 12ww

(22 Posts)
duffegg Wed 07-Sep-11 11:13:58

Message withdrawn

kat2504 Wed 07-Sep-11 11:17:28

I'm right in the middle of it! it does drag doesn't it? And it's a very anxious time if you've had previous losses. Are you considering an early scan? I'm having one tomorrow. 8-9 weeks is a good time to find out how things are going and will break up the wait a bit for you.

themightyskim Wed 07-Sep-11 11:39:30

me too, six weeks and 4 days, and stressing to death that I had an early scan that dated me as a week and two days less pregnant than I thought, super daft brain is deciding that mixed with my lack of symptoms signals that Ive allready miscarried and just not had a bleed! doom and gloom aside though your name gave me a giggle though my fella's name is Duff!

we can do this!!!

katekate3 Wed 07-Sep-11 14:02:06

Think I'm about 5 weeks, have 2 DC and also have had 2mm both at 12 weeks. Seems like a long wait. Will get early scan one way or another I think.

DiffedAgainDachs Wed 07-Sep-11 17:24:25

yep, it goes v slowly. I just hope this one sticks around, having had a mc at 8 weeks last year and losing twins at 20 weeks in May. I'm 6+2 now... I had a scan on Monday and there was a heartbeat then (as well as a scare that there might be an ectopic twin as well, but that's all sorted now, thankfully).

kat good luck for your scan tomorrow smile

katekate3 Wed 07-Sep-11 19:55:26

I can't remember the earliest you can have an external scan. Any ideas?

Hope tomorrow goes well for you Kat.

duffegg Wed 07-Sep-11 21:06:42

Message withdrawn

Onlymydogunderstandsme Wed 07-Sep-11 22:29:44

Hi ladies! I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and have a scan on Friday as I had some bleeding/spotting at the weekend. They wouldn't scan me until at least 6 weeks due to the heartbeat not starting until 6 weeks. Keeping everything crossed it will be ok! It's such a wierd time u kind of feel in limbo not wanting to get to excited just in case something happens!

RollingInTheAisles Wed 07-Sep-11 23:55:25

I'm 5.5 and it seems interminable!

katekate3 Thu 08-Sep-11 12:53:06

My DS started school today. He ran in to be with his friends and I had to hold back the tears. Can't believe he is at school already. Been a bit of a distraction though.

kat2504 Thu 08-Sep-11 12:59:33

Scan was wonderful! Baby measured spot on for 9 weeks and all looks good for now.
I had a tummycam scan at 6+4 and they could clearly see the embryo and the yolk sac without needing to get the dildocam out. Picture was rubbish at that point, you get a much clearer look with the internal scan.

9 weeks is a really good time for a reassurance scan. Obviously if you have had mcs you will worry your way through the whole pregnancy, but if things are looking good at 8-9 weeks then your chance of miscarriage goes way down.

only good luck tomorrow, hopefully the spotting is just one of those things. I had some a couple of weeks ago and there was no problem. At 6 weeks exactly you may or may not see the heartbeat, hope you do as it will certainly put your mind at rest.

themightyskim Thu 08-Sep-11 13:26:52

having terrible sharp tummy pains today which Ive pretty much convinced myself are signs of an impending miscarriage so Im after some distractions

Kat your scan sounds lovely, did you have a lil cry?

Has anyone else been stupidly hormonal? I could literally murder the other half because no matter how many times I ask him not to he keeps putting the toothpaste in the toothbrush holder and it gets wet crap on the bottom, and I read about David Walliams fundraising and cried my eyes out lol, I also made a donation because I wondered if my measly tenner might keep him swimming

I actually think I may have lost the plot finally hmm

kat2504 Thu 08-Sep-11 13:30:32

skim are you sure it is not constipation? That has been giving me terrible pains recently blush
The hormonal thing is normal. Watch something weepy to get it out of your system. I can recommend extreme makeover home edition for this purpose.

I had a big cry before during and after the scan. I was a complete emotional wreck. I can hardly believe that there is a real live baby inside me.

themightyskim Thu 08-Sep-11 13:45:19

lol I bet you did id have been a wreck! I cannot wait to get to that point and I shall be shameless in my blubbering, hope you have some pictures from it

I would have agreed on the constipation because I have been really bad with it but my tummy was a little on the upset side yesterday to put it politely, Im trying to convince myself that today is just the after effects of yesterday but they are horrid pains

Pregnancy women should really come with their own healt warning!!

duffegg Thu 08-Sep-11 17:17:37

Message withdrawn

HotPinkGingham Thu 08-Sep-11 17:25:44

Duffegg - yes I had left sided pain at about 6-7 weeks with some light spotting and it wasn't anything bad. Went to AE in as I was terrified of an ectopic (also had previous early miscarriages so was feeling very negative).

They felt my tummy and said it wasn't an ectopic, although couldn't scan me at the time. I had an early scan a few days later and all was fine, such a relief! They didn't know what the pain and spotting was about. I've since had a couple of private reassurance scans and baby has been jigging away. I am now (just) 12 weeks and worrying myself sick about my NT scan next week, so there's always something! I'm counting the hours...

duffegg Thu 08-Sep-11 17:50:01

Message withdrawn

HotPinkGingham Thu 08-Sep-11 17:56:21

Got my fingers crossed for you smile sure it'll all be fine

duffegg Fri 09-Sep-11 19:03:00

Message withdrawn

themightyskim Mon 12-Sep-11 10:16:46

How are you getting on everyone?

Im 7.2 and still no MS lol, sore boobs, crampy tummy, mood swings, nausea followed by stuffing my face and then an upset stomach, charming thing this pregnancy lark, and if I have one more weird dream lord help me lol!

Got my booking in appointment today and hoping to hear soon about when my scan will be smile

Mikocat Thu 22-Sep-11 20:04:21

Duffegg - I'm due on 12th May and have just received my scan date today (combined dating/nuchal fold) - 7th NOVEMBER! Even further away than I thought. I even rang the midwife because I was worried that it might be too late, but was told that I would be fine to have the nuchal fold scan up to 14+2, which would take me up to 14th November. Can't believe that I have to wait so long, but apparently the hospital (Leeds LGI) are really busy and that's how long it's taking at the moment. Aaarrrgghh!

AstroNess Thu 22-Sep-11 21:15:45

Hi all,

I got my BFP this week and it's all feeling quite surreal. I had really sore boobs and nausea all day yesterday but nothing really today. I'm due May 30th.

I've not yet phoned doctor. Will do tomorrow. Although, it's a little tricky because we're moving back to the Midlands from Cambridgeshire after Christmas so I'm thinking that I should register with a GP in the Midlands and do appointment there. Does that sound right?

We know where we'll be living in the Midlands because we already have a house there that is currently being rented out.

Maybe I don't even need to explain all that to the GP?

I don't know how I will last over the next weeks. It's just the not knowing isn't it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now