Talk

Advanced search

Is it common to have a mouth like ghandi's flip-flops??

(7 Posts)
naomi79 Sun 07-Aug-11 22:39:27

Hiya
Am 23 weeks and am suffering with bad taste in my mouth pretty much constantly, I haven't lost my taste, food still tastes fine but its after I've eaten it occurs, I am constantly sucking mints and drinking water but it doesn't help much.
Is this common? Any suggestions on what could help? Does it go away after birth??
I didn't have this with my DD who is 23months so am a little clueless
Thanks smile

PinkFondantFancy Mon 08-Aug-11 07:12:09

What kind of taste is it? I had a weird chemical-type taste in the back of my mouth for a few weeks around the same time as you are now - it went away again of its own accord after a few weeks but it was v weird for a while.

Wallace Mon 08-Aug-11 07:36:52

Are you taking pregnancy multi vitamins or iron? i had this and it was a lot worse when i was taking vits. Dh said my breath smelt like I had benn drinking coffee hmm

naomi79 Mon 08-Aug-11 17:14:58

Only taking folic acid at moment, it's not metallic just not nice like when you wake in the morning before you've brushed your teeth blush might try asking my midwife on Thursday when I see her as it's getting on my nerves now sad thanks x

ITryToBeZenBut Mon 08-Aug-11 18:40:12

I have the same for last 3 weeks and am only 12 weeks. I had a metallic taste but now it's just horrible - I don't want to kiss the OH sad. I'd be interested what the midwife says. I've taken to carrying a small bottle of mouthwash around me with as feel like I want to brush my teeth constantly but then the clean feeling goes really quickly.

naomi79 Mon 08-Aug-11 23:10:30

I'll fill you in on what i find out smile

naomi79 Thu 11-Aug-11 22:20:39

Hiya
Midwife said it is either hormonal or related to the mild heartburn/acid reflux I get sohas prescribed me gaviscon so we shall see if that helps!! Heres hoping! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now