Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 week scan piccis

(4 Posts)
mummyzoe2012 Mon 25-Jul-11 17:23:21

did anyone else see buba brain on the scan piccis. ive been told its unusal for it to be seen is it true??

Dawnywoo Mon 25-Jul-11 17:36:23

Hi, yes I had my 12 week scan back in May and saw the brain on the screen - sonographer described it as 'looking like a butterfly as it should' I think it's one of the things they check for now at that stage. She noted 'skull / brain appears normal' on my notes.

If the sonographer printed a pic while she was scanning this area then it would definitely show up on a piccy. Hope that helps. x

notlettingthefearshow Mon 25-Jul-11 23:30:15

They often don't get a clear picture at 12 weeks. We could see the limbs and the baby moving which was amazing, but it's not unusual to not see that level of detail. Nobody mentioned the brain and I didn't look for it - assume it's normal!

howabout Tue 26-Jul-11 10:14:12

I think it depends on the type of machine being used and the level of detail it is able to show. I saw the brain on my scan quite clearly and the sonographer checked it to note there were 2 halves and it looked the right size.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now