Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Padded non underwired bras?? Smuggling peanuts here!!!

(19 Posts)
kri5ty Mon 11-Jul-11 09:08:43

ok so i am trying to find a padded maternity / non underwited bra

I have a few maternity bras from mammas and pappas, but when ever i wear them it looks like i am smuggling peanuts, as my nipples have decided to stay hard constantly!!

Sorry TMI lol, i have been wearing normal bras, but the underwite has started to hurt!

Totties Mon 11-Jul-11 09:13:18

I have the same problem. I got my padded non-wired bras from m & s.

kri5ty Mon 11-Jul-11 09:14:03

ooo i didn't even think of there, dam pregnancy brain!

Thank you, that was nice and simple! grin

witches Mon 11-Jul-11 09:24:52

Haha that made me laugh, i also have that problem! I am quite busty and can't do non underwired without weird madonna esque shape ensuing. I looked into it at start of pregnancy and so long as your wearing a well fitted bra underwire is fine. I also find it helful to buy sheer bras with a slight pattern to distract from peanut problem but not technically padded.

Lynzilove Mon 11-Jul-11 09:53:28

Mothercare have their good and bad reports but their non wired t shirt bras are sooooo comfy and avoid the smuggling peanuts situation completely! Not a bad price either.

kri5ty Mon 11-Jul-11 09:56:17

Glad i'm not the only one grin

Adair Mon 11-Jul-11 10:02:28

These t-shirt bras from M&S are fantastic. Great shape, cheap, really comfy and the padded means they are good for nursing too as no leaks. I just about fit into their 32D though ideally would be one size bigger..

BigBabyBoots Mon 11-Jul-11 10:02:32

I've given up on bras, the underwire was soooo painful on my bruised ribs and they only fit for a fortnight. Bikini tops all the way for me grin

meravigliosa Mon 11-Jul-11 11:28:34

Got some own brand non underwired tshirt bras from John Lewis yesterday which give a smooth line.

Sumi76 Mon 11-Jul-11 11:58:34

M&S !!

ruthieCohen Mon 11-Jul-11 11:59:40

John Lewis seconded here. vg.

cerealqueen Mon 11-Jul-11 12:02:16

Take the wire out - I've done it and its OK!

hollyw Mon 11-Jul-11 13:21:59

Mothercare and Hotmilk - hotmilk might be nursing bras but worth a look

ksaunders Mon 11-Jul-11 15:17:23

Get any bra you fancy and buy some material/washable breast pads (the things you use to stop leaky nipples lol), they will give your bra just enough padding and you might need them later anyway!

lovemysleep Mon 11-Jul-11 15:35:03

Hotmilk are brilliant

Bartimaeus Mon 11-Jul-11 15:53:27

I got mine from Mothercare - great service (well, i had to wait a long time to be measured but once she was taking care of me it was great service) and soooo comfy! Did not like M&S bras at all.

How far along are you? I was seriously smuggling peanuts for the first few months (embarassing and also amazingly painful), but now at 6 months I haven't had that problem for a few weeks now....

Fluter Mon 11-Jul-11 16:10:38

Ha! At least I bet you don't look like you're only smuggling ONE peanut.... the joys of a stubbornly inverted nipple!

I've got the Mothercare ones, great fitting service and bought two slightly padded bras 18 weeks ago, haven't worn any other since and they've worn incredibly well. And they are very comfy - and this is from someone who often didn't even bother wearing one before because she hated them so much.

Badgerwife Mon 11-Jul-11 16:43:06

Go to Bravissimo for maternity bras, they do great underwire and fit you really well

kri5ty Mon 11-Jul-11 17:18:44

ooo thanks for all the help girls!

Im 18 weeks, so hopefully they will stop soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now