Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody else ridiculously gassy?

(6 Posts)
Cattleprod Mon 04-Jul-11 16:19:12

I've been lying down mumsnetting doing my paperwork for the last couple of hours, and have literally been burping every 20 or 30 seconds. Normally I never burp, it all comes out the other end blush. I'm 24 weeks, so well past the retchy/burpy/sicky stage. I haven't had any fizzy drinks, or baked beans, cabbage or strange foods and drinks that may cause a flatulent effect. Anybody else having gas problems? Where does it come from and why is there so much of it?

<burp>

phlossie Mon 04-Jul-11 16:29:10

Always, pregnant or not...

Awomancalledhorse Mon 04-Jul-11 16:30:55

I'm gassy at both ends grin, are you lying on your tummy cattleprod?
I get a bit of karate chop if I 'forget' I'm pregnant & lie on my front.

Cattleprod Mon 04-Jul-11 18:08:56

I'm on my side. They're not even proper belches, just sort of gas bubbles coming up and I have to strain my neck and pull a turtle face to get them out otherwise they get stuck in my throat.

It's so glamorous, this pregnancy lark!!

sugarmama Mon 04-Jul-11 22:06:03

Oh i got so excited when i saw this thread - i thought finally! someone else like me!! (but yours is way less embarrassing!)

I have bottom burps though - loud, niffy and ridiculously cringe worthy! I am so glad that a) my family know me VERY well! and b) my colleagues have a sense of humour!

Just hit the 12wk mark so keeping everything crossed that the ahem gas, settles down somewhat!

Awomancalledhorse Mon 04-Jul-11 22:23:32

sugarmama, I'm 15 weeks and still trumping Dh with my disgusting femented veggie smelling farts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now