Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long after child birth will preg test be positive?

(16 Posts)
charitymum Mon 20-Jun-11 23:12:27

Have a 4 month old and today took a positive preg test. Line very strong? Could this still be hormones from previous pregnancy?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 20-Jun-11 23:13:05

No. Congratulations.

whysolate Mon 20-Jun-11 23:15:36

I agree with Beaver. Congratulations? smile

StrawberryMewMew Mon 20-Jun-11 23:18:29

Congratulations! smile

jojodancer Tue 21-Jun-11 12:09:33

Am I right in thinking (sure I read somewhere) that if you took a test even late on in pregnancy it wouldn't show a positive? Sounds weird though so I very likely possibly made it up.

Hope congratulations is the right word, charity

CBear6 Tue 21-Jun-11 12:17:04

From conversations with my GP I think a test shows up positive for 2-3 weeks at most. A positive after four months would be a new pregnancy.

nunnie Tue 21-Jun-11 12:19:47

I got a positive test when my DS was just under 4 months old, I am currently 26 weeks. So for me it was positive because I was.
Congratulations.

StrawberryMewMew Tue 21-Jun-11 12:51:42

JoJo I took one last week, had some lying around and it was positive. I'm 6 months.

charitymum Tue 21-Jun-11 20:24:21

Hi. Had a scan today and am indeed pregnant. It is very happy news. Although if all goes well will have two under one as well as two pre teen daughters! Will be going back to work for the break and to sleep on the train!

charitymum Tue 21-Jun-11 20:24:54

Hi. Had a scan today and am indeed pregnant. It is very happy news. Although if all goes well will have two under one as well as two pre teen daughters! Will be going back to work for the break and to sleep on the train!

VivaLeBeaver Tue 21-Jun-11 20:56:48

Really pleased for you.

bagelmonkey Wed 22-Jun-11 07:18:11

Congratulations!

prolificwillybreeder Wed 22-Jun-11 07:43:00

Congratulations!

nunnie Wed 22-Jun-11 09:33:17

Congratulations, mine will also both be under one, but if this one comes on it's due date it will only be for a couple of weeks, if however she decides to come 4 weeks early like her brother then they will be in the same school year.

Going to work for a break sounds like a good plan to me wink

VeryHungryKatypillar Wed 22-Jun-11 10:15:46

OMG - congratulations!

hellymelly Wed 22-Jun-11 10:19:08

Congratulations.Am very impressed you had the energy to do the deed with such a tiny baby! I have friends who are ten months apart in age and they were like twins growing up,and are still very close,so a small gap can be good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now