Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

29+5, cramps and backache, is it normal or a sign of prem labour?

(5 Posts)
Pudding2be Sun 19-Jun-11 22:24:23

Hello

I'm not sure if I'm being OTT or not. I've had cramps on and off all day, they are stronger now but bearable. I've also got backache and some pains in my cervix.

I've tried moving in different positions, taking a little walk. Baby is moving around quite a lot, which is reassuring. TMI - I've not lost any water or had any bleeding.

Am I just growing/baby moving, or should I be worried?

TIA

BranchingOut Sun 19-Jun-11 22:29:10

I don't know. Maybe call your hospital or midwife?

fannybaws Sun 19-Jun-11 22:30:33

Hi op prem labour can be very subtle so with those symptoms I would go and get checked out. They may keep you overnight for observation and they might give you steroids to mature the babys lungs. You may have something else going on, like a urine infection, which can irritate the womb.
Either way I would give your unit a ring a get checked, good luck.

Pudding2be Mon 20-Jun-11 07:35:33

I've spoke to the midwife this morning at the assessment unit. She said to take some paracetamol and have a warm bath to see if that gets them to stop. If not to ring back and come in

Thanks for your help

belgo Mon 20-Jun-11 07:45:02

It could be a UTI, the symptoms can cause cramps and backache.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now