Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Positive PT!

(20 Posts)
mummymccar Fri 17-Jun-11 12:42:22

Just had a positive PT this morning! Hubby and I have only been trying for 2 months and we were advised by drs that I would have problems so this has come as quite a happy surprise. Struggling to keep the news to myself, just want to shout it from the rooftops. Baby Bean will be our first. Got to confirm with GP next week, but so excited.

Scheherezadea Fri 17-Jun-11 14:17:07

Congrats smile how exciting! Welcome to the first time mummys club smile

shellmc Fri 17-Jun-11 14:36:11

Just posted in another post to you. But ill say it again CONGRATULATIONS!!! smile xx

mummymccar Fri 17-Jun-11 15:05:13

Thank you so much to both of you! I'm a freelance journalist and getting no work done at all today - high as a kite! I'm sure I'll be seeing you both on here a lot now smile

Elizabeth32 Fri 17-Jun-11 15:33:18

Congratulations!! I remember how excited i was when i did my first pregnancy test at work in the toilets in my lunch hour...i just couldnt wait! I binned the test after 1 minute as i just couldnt see the red pregnancy line - I was furious and very upset. I went back to the office to my desk and began to read the instructions that came with the preg test. To my shock it said wait 1-3 minutes for results. Realising that i discarded the test after 1 minute, my heart began to beat faster and faster. I ran out of the office like a mad woman and made a dash for the toilets to root through the bins for my preg test. After finding the test, I could not believe what i was seeing....i could finally make out the 'pregnant' line! I have now two beautiful twin girls. All the best to you with your prenancy x

Littlepic Fri 17-Jun-11 16:55:10

Congratulation, very exciting news. MN has been a great support to me when I've had a few issues so post away smile xxx

mummymccar Fri 17-Jun-11 18:15:29

That's a great story Elizabeth! One you can tell the girls. Mine is quite dull in comparison!
Thank you everyone smile
So excited about finally becoming parents. Loving mumsnet by the way!
xxx

lovemybabyboy Fri 17-Jun-11 18:45:39

Congratulations!!! smile

Jemma1111 Fri 17-Jun-11 18:47:57

Many Congrats mummymccar!, you must be on cloud nine smile

mummymccar Fri 17-Jun-11 19:04:32

Thank you! We are! Very, very happy today smile

Icelollycraving Fri 17-Jun-11 19:09:33

Congratulations!!! Lovely news smile

mummymccar Fri 17-Jun-11 19:31:03

Thanks Icelollycraving!

QueenCee Fri 17-Jun-11 21:33:36

Congratulations! I got BFP on Monday! We must have very close EDD. 20th Feb for us. What about you?

puzzletree Fri 17-Jun-11 21:35:55

Congratulations! Come and join us on the February 2012 antenatal thread.....

mummymccar Sat 18-Jun-11 11:51:21

Congratulations Queen Cee! You know exactly how I'm feeling then smile
Thank you to everyone for their congratulations! Still got to confirm with the GP but can't imagine he is going to contradict us! EDD is 23rd Feb here, so very close!
OOh thanks Puzzletree, will do smile

Ambrosial Sat 18-Jun-11 16:33:18

Congratulations! Sounds very similar to me (freelancer, first baby, supposed problems, etc!) Very exciting, isn't it!

smile

mummymccar Sat 18-Jun-11 16:58:48

Congratulations Ambrosial! That is very similar, how strange! When is your EDD?
Very exciting, already been looking at names (touch wood we haven't brought a whole heap of bad luck on ourselves)

Ambrosial Sat 18-Jun-11 18:41:09

I'm due 28th Feb. I did my test reeaaally early! I suspect I'll end up doing a bunch more as I can't quite believe it and it really is early days.

I will admit to ordering a pregnancy book on Amazon earlier, then having a bit of a panic afterwards that I'd jinxed something. Then I thought 'Sod it'. It's positive thinking, surely?

Beeeeeee Sat 18-Jun-11 18:46:00

Congrats! Me too! Positive test on June 10th, due 12th Feb!

mummymccar Sat 18-Jun-11 20:25:02

Congratulations to you too beeeeee! Looks like lots of february babies here! Don't worry, we've bought a couple of pregnancy books too (what to expect when you're expecting) I know its probably bad luck, but tbh as first timers we really need to know what to expect! Won't be buying any clothes yet (though we did buy a gorgeous musical merry-go-round when we were TTC)
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now