Talk

Advanced search

Anything to worry about?

(2 Posts)
nicjimB Sat 08-Jan-11 10:42:18

Hi all, completely new to the whole being pregnant thing and I have to say that since getting the bfp I so badly wanted, I've spent more time worrying than enjoying. I feel sick and have stomach pain almost all the time. My tummy feels really tender - to the point that I can't really sleep on my front - and I woke up this morning with what feels almost like a mild burning sensation in the groin area. I have PCOS and wasn't expecting to get pregnant already as I only went in to hospital in Nov for Lap&Dye and ovarian drilling so I guess I am worried that it's all a bit too good to be true. Am I right to be worried or should I just relax and go with it? Thanks for any advice x

JBrd Sun 09-Jan-11 11:34:04

Hi there, and congratulations!

I can't really give you any advice on the medical side of things, but would strongly encourage you to call your GP and/or midwife to discuss these things with you and to get some reassurance! Hopefullly, your MW is a nice as mine, who said to give her a call with whatever question I have whenever.

I'm now 23 weeks with my first, and I remember all too well the rollercoaster of the first few weeks... You spend a lot of time listening into yourself, don't you? And every twinge and pain gets you worrying - and you've obviously had some history already, which I imagine makes it worse! Don't google your symptons - the internet is a wonderful thing, but it can drive you crazy with too much misplaced information! Instead, put your feet up with a nice cup of tea on the sofa and try to relax a bit...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now