me and my partner seem to be arguing all the time about silly things. he says its my hormones but me being me i just dissagree with it.i am starting to feel like i get annoyed or upset over anything and that being pregnant is doing the opposite from bringing us closer together ): anyone felt or feels like this? or does anyone know how to avoid the arguing a little?
I have to physically remove myself from his company and be completely distracted. If I think about trying not to argue it just makes me more wound up and then I worry about baby and that gets me more upset, just reassure yourself that as much as it might not seem so at the time, it is most likely hormones and it will pass, Its all a big test to prepare us!
Um, we have had plenty of arguments. I guess some ideas are:
- don't use your pregnancy as a 'tool' to win arguments
- try to only argue about one thing at a time, rather than saying "Oh, and another thing....!" during an argument
- try to be specific about why you're cross "eg. I'm cross because you didn't do the washing up, and it makes me nervous that you won't pull your weight once we've had the baby"
- the aim should be to resolve the issue, rather than simply to 'win'
- apologise if you were in the wrong. Ie. "I'm sorry I got cross yesterday. I was tired and a bit unreasonable"
- If you are angry, don't just sulk and hope he notices. Tell him. Avoid those situations where he says "what's wrong?" and you sigh bang the plates down and sulkily say "nothing", when something clearly IS wrong.
Remember that pregnancy is tough, and having arguments doesn't necessarily mean you're going to split up or be bad parents.