Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clueless Question Here but..

(5 Posts)
LovelyKatie Thu 19-Aug-10 17:51:12

What is 'A Show'

I dont understand what it means when people say theyve had a show.

is it something bad?

I am so clueless!

xx

parkj83 Thu 19-Aug-10 18:00:15

Hi Katie,

The show is when the mucus plug which protects your cervix for the duration of the pg comes away.

It's a sign you're close to giving birth wink

It can come away anything from a day to a good week before labour. Certainly it happens right at the end. With DS, mine was triggered after I had a sweep done, but I didn't go into labour - I had to be induced a week later.

FourEyesGood Thu 19-Aug-10 20:37:39

Mine came on the morning of my due date, about 24 hours or so before labour started with DC1; it looked like a pinky-red discharge but there wasn't much of it.

TakeLovingChances Thu 19-Aug-10 21:05:44

Some people don't even have one big enough to notice - they just think it's normal heavy discharge. Also, I've heard some people say there show came during actual labour when they were in hospital.

OP - don't feel clueless, we've all been there!

parkj83 Thu 19-Aug-10 22:26:59

Mine was a big slimey snotty horrible thing, it came out in two stages! There was no missing mine! lol wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now