Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Hearing own voice in ear

(10 Posts)
jjkm Fri 30-Jul-10 04:08:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

babynelly2010 Fri 30-Jul-10 09:44:47

Sounds like ear wax problem may be, because you hear your breathing and voice in ear when it is plugged. I would have a doctor to check it out. if it is just ear wax they will rinse your ear with warm water and that is it.

jjkm Sat 31-Jul-10 00:35:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sam26oscar Sat 31-Jul-10 19:11:18

hi not quite sure how you open and close your tubes voluntarliy but i am suffering from what i would call ear popping as you would when you go on a plane or high up a hill!!!am all right one minute then next minute it all seems like its full of cotton wool and have to keep pinching my nose and swallowing or blowing, only goes when its good and ready!! Probably not what your on about but there we gogrin

addie81 Sat 31-Jul-10 19:22:40

I don't have this but I can hear my heart beating the whole time in one of my ears - absolutely thumping. At first I thought it was someone breaking down the door of our house whilst I was lying in bed at night and then I realised it was me! My sister (who is a doctor), reckons that the extra blood flow to your ear makes you hear funny things whilst you are pregnant - apparently it is common and goes away after delivery.

Reallyusefulengine Fri 27-May-11 11:40:26

Hi there, I realise this is an old thread but jjkm, I have this pregnancy symptom too. I self-diagnosed patulous eustachian tubes after suffering it in my last two pregnancies. Am 8 weeks now with my 3rd and seem to have it again. Just wondering if you found anything that helped?

Thanks so much.

Flossie2 Fri 27-May-11 12:14:41

Hello, I have this too! I have never heard of anyone else having it! It's only when I'm pregnant though. When I go to speak I often have to "pop" my ear first as if I'm on a 'plane?! Really awful! Am so glad it's not just me!!

Reallyusefulengine Fri 27-May-11 12:25:02

Hi Flossie, it's the most bizarre symptom! Sorry you have it too but kind of pleased that I'm not the only weirdo!

Idlegirl83 Fri 27-May-11 13:45:11

Hi, I also had this throughout my pregnancy - was driving me mad! Went to doctor but they said that there was not enough wax in my ear to syringe it and recommended I put my head over a bowl of steaming water with a towel over my head and breathe in the steam. It does seem to work and I've not had any problems for about a month now. HTH! grin

Reallyusefulengine Fri 27-May-11 19:20:42

Thanks idle off to find a bowl and a towel, will give it a go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: