Talk

Advanced search

Night time training

(5 Posts)
Cocobing29 Sat 24-Jun-17 08:45:00

My daughter is 2 years 10 month's ans has been toilet trained since around 14 months with maybe 1/2 day time accidents both been involved around being frightened 1 time she shut herself in a friends playhouse and 2nd time was at a fairground and she didnt like a ride and peed. So daytime we have been super lucky and she pretty much trained herself. Night times however i havnt pushed for as my eldest was 4 before she stopped wearing some sort of night protection, anyway to cut to my question shes been showing signs of readyness probably dry 4 nights in 7 so i am not sure if to ditch the pullups and just have a disposable bed mat under sheet for incase of wetting she has asked for big girls knickers a few times and ive said soon i cant remember how we approached with our eldest now.

What are your experiences do i leave her till dry every night? Is she just wetting those few nights because she knows she has pull ups on to save her using potty i really have no idea

OP’s posts: |
Nan0second Tue 27-Jun-17 22:25:50

Ask her what she wants?
Is she in a bed?
Is she drinking less after dinner (ideally nothing from 1.5hours pre bed)
Try it with a washable mat under (and have a fleece blanket ready to go on the bed in the night if a small accident so you don't have to change full sheets!)

Flisspaps Tue 27-Jun-17 22:34:23

DD wasn't dry at night until she was 7. Once she'd been dry 7 days in a row, we ditched the bedtime pants.

Wolfiefan Tue 27-Jun-17 22:36:27

Night time dryness can't be trained. It's down to the production of a particular hormone. Leave the pull ups on until she's consistently dry.

Cocobing29 Wed 28-Jun-17 08:43:36

Thanks everyone i shall go with the flow so to speak 👌

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »