Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone potty training an ex-preemie?

(6 Posts)
Cooki3Monst3r Wed 14-Jan-15 16:38:07

If so what age did you start? Was it different / more difficult than training your non-premature baby? Do you think at the potty training age they were still 'catching up'?

KendraRuby1213 Sun 19-Jun-16 03:13:07

I'm currently trying to potty train my ex preemie. My daughter was 2months early. She now is 3 1/2. She pees in the potty but it's the pooping we struggle with.

2Cats1Tot Wed 02-Nov-16 14:11:23

We have tried and failed twice with our DD who was 7 weeks prem. She will we on potty when prompted to try but doesn't seem to get any warning that she needs a wee. interested to hear how you two have got on...

2Cats1Tot Wed 02-Nov-16 14:11:56

she's 3.3 btw

MotherOfDragons27 Wed 02-Nov-16 14:16:06

My son was 6 weeks prem and was later than others to potty train. He was 4 in October and only came out of nappies at the beginning of the summer holidays, so just over 3 and a half. He's still in nappies at night.

SauvignonPlonker Mon 07-Nov-16 21:14:00

Both mine were prem. DS was a 29-weeker & didn't train till 3yr 4m (actual, not corrected) then regressed., especially with poo. He was still soiling at 4, and I took him to see the GP, who said his guts were probably knackered from being prem. He is still in nappies at night at nearly 8.

DD was a 35-weeker & really late too: 3yr 6m. We tried before & it was disastrous eg weeing uncontrollably or withholding. Would try a day without pants once a month & one day she just cracked it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now