Talk

Advanced search

Milk supply reducing?!

(2 Posts)
jolenejolenejolenejolene Thu 21-Nov-19 08:47:52

I have a 10 week old baby, exclusively breastfeeding. I had no issues and she took to BF immediately. My flow was really strong and I always felt I had lots of milk.

Over the last couple of weeks I've felt it dwindling. I know it's normal for it to settle down, but the last few nights my baby has cried a lot, so I tried giving her formula yesterday, she glugged down 90ml and fell straight to sleep, which suggests she was hungry.. She often seems to be frustrated when feeding and I wonder if she's having to work extra hard.

I've ordered some Pregnacare supplements (have Mum guilt that i haven't taken these already), but wondering whether it's normal for milk to dry up, even though I've continuously breastfed and my baby is putting on weight well / wet nappies etc?

Modestandatinybitsexy Thu 21-Nov-19 09:00:43

It's probably that your milk has settled down and your baby is going through a bit of a spurt and now wants more. Your milk will respond if you keep feeding her.

She's just got the stage where she has to work a bit harder and is being impatient. Nice to know you have the back up of formula if you need it, DH used to give a bottle of formula late evening to hope to settle dd so I could get a little stretch of sleep, it didn't affect my supply at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »