Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

8 week post natal check

(4 Posts)
Urglewurgle Mon 13-Nov-17 22:08:33

I went for the 8 week post natal check last week and just realised today the doctor didn't do any checks on DD? She asked me the expected questions and I got the implant but I thought they were supposed to do all the birth checks (e.g. hips etc.) again?

She's got her first jabs tomorrow so I can ask while I'm there anyway but I wondered if anyone could confirm what should have happened?

Bella8 Mon 13-Nov-17 22:24:30

In my area it's a 6 week check and they also check your baby. I'm pretty sure they should have checked your little one. They do a head to toe check, making sure hips and everything normal.

Bella8 Mon 13-Nov-17 22:25:25

At my 6 week check they checked my DS on same appointment*

Tigger001 Mon 13-Nov-17 22:31:26

In our area you have separate appointments. I had a letter through for ds 6-9 wk check and thought they would do my check at the same time but I had to make a separate appointment. The check on ds could have been anything between 6 and 9 weeks apparently in our area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now