We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Has anyone used the birth after thoughts service?

(5 Posts)
mowgelijeffs Tue 14-Mar-17 10:16:29

How was it? What was your experience?
I am going on Thursday and was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to get the most out of the experience?
Thank you

Littlelegs19 Mon 27-Mar-17 02:02:25

Is this another word for birth debrief? If yes, I got so much from mine. My PND and PTSD was getting pretty bad and after the debrief I felt a million times better. I wish I'd requested it earlier

PragmaticWench Mon 27-Mar-17 02:09:30

Yes, and I ended up crying over the Midwife as I found out some traumatic things I'd not known about at the time. Very glad I went, it helped hugely. I still wish I'd made a formal complaint about my 'care' but didn't feel up to it at the time.

Overall it made me more confident for my next birth and informed my choices over that.

peaceloveandbiscuits Mon 27-Mar-17 02:18:20

Yep. I had two or three sessions of counselling as well as the initial debrief. Be prepared that not all your questions may be answered, and try to come to terms with that. I had big gaps in my memory, and unfortunately the midwife didn't make any notes during that time, so there's no way of knowing what happened.

My DS was resuscitated after birth, and I was able to visit the room I delivered in, and the midwife talked me through exactly what happened to him on the resuscitaire machine, which was useful.

Good luck.

mowgeli Mon 27-Mar-17 08:46:24

Thank you ladies.
I went about two weeks ago and I got some answers to my birth and pregnancy. They were both very traumatic and confusing.
It was good to see the ward again with healthy eyes instead of sick ones. It is a good service for mothers and I think more women should use it to help get closure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now