Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

First period since baby is never ending!

(2 Posts)
StarlitTrees Wed 25-Jan-17 01:34:08

I had postnatal bleeding for about 3 weeks, then got my first period at 6 weeks (not breastfeeding).

It was much heavier than normal to begin with. I usually have heavy bleeding for a couple of days, but this time it was about 5 days, then gradually slowed.

I'm now day 13 and although it's very light now, I'm still bleeding!
Did anyone else experience a really long first period? Will this ever end??

At my 6 week check I started the contraceptive injection so who knows what my periods will be like going forward, but this one just doesn't want to stop!

Laurens93245 Mon 27-Feb-17 04:34:49

This sounds exactly like me! Postnatal bleeding for 3 weeks, period at 6 weeks and injection on 6week check. I also feel like it will never end, I wasn't sure if it was because of the injection. Was going to see if it carries on for over 2 weeks then will be going back to my nurse to ask.

Also some night/days I don't bleed at all but then others I do. It's so confusing, I just wish it would end.

I see you posted this in January, I'm hoping it's ended for you now? Any tips?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now