Talk

Advanced search

OMG, I've been offered a 5 star all expenses paid trip on Hajj to Makkah!

(18 Posts)
TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 16-Sep-09 08:55:19

but I don't want to leave dd. Don't know what to do as a, all muslims should go and b, how often does a 5 star paid for thingy come up!
(plus am scared of flying and don't want the compulosry flu jab)

But its leaving dd that bothers me. If she had a status seizure or passed away I couldn't get back in a hurry.
Don't know what to do!

Spidermama Wed 16-Sep-09 08:56:43

How long's it for?

You could so do with something Riven.

CMOTdibbler Wed 16-Sep-09 08:59:54

Wow, how fantastic.

I can see why you are torn, but I think you should go - you need the sort of rest that a 5* trip will give you, and you'll come back refreshed physically and spiritually for DD and the rest of the family.

Do you think the hospice would be able to have her in whilst you are away so that DH isn't on his own, and you'll know she is in the best possible hands (apart from yours of course)

TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 16-Sep-09 09:17:08

she couldn't go to the hospice, she doesn't know them and would be scared.
I'm also fretting about the physical ordeal. The last few days my MS has been very bad and I can barely walk. What if that happenend there? Or the crushing crowds. Or flu/meningitis etc.
Hajj is a very physical ordeal.

Anyone been?

CMOTdibbler Wed 16-Sep-09 10:33:03

I'd forgotten that they hadn't been able to have DD visit yet.

You'd be able to take your powerchair wouldn't you ?

littleducks Wed 16-Sep-09 10:39:27

I think you should go, i would go
however i dont have a sick child etc. etc.

Do you know about istikhara? Maybe you could chat to someone local to you about possibly doing that?

I think if you decide to go, take your wheel chair as i dont think that it is altogether 'relaxing' though presumerably with 5 star facilities it will be more so than in most cases. I think you would then be given more space etc. which reduces alot of the risks (crushing etc) To go and stay in that kind of accomodation would be so valuable for you as it could really help take the strain on your health, would you ever be able to afford it for yourself? if you dont go now would your health ever be this good again?

Have a good think

TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 16-Sep-09 12:58:16

I will pray istikhara I think. And talk to the sister who wants me to go with her.
I could take my manual chair but not the powerchair.
I really don't know

TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 16-Sep-09 17:08:03

ds2 is saying 'go'. cos its 5 star and its the King wots paying.
I'm being over anxious about dd/flying/injections aren't I!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 16-Sep-09 17:10:17

Your anxieties are natural, but what a fabulous opportunity for you!

TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 16-Sep-09 17:29:25

I know and hajj is hajj.

illgetyoubutler Wed 16-Sep-09 18:52:49

speak to a student of knowledge on the issue. i can give you a good number. speak to a person who is in a position to advise you as this is a big thing concerning the rights of Allah AND the rights of your daughter over you. then pray istikhara once you have been given advise.

littleducks Thu 17-Sep-09 07:40:41

(oops i forgot a very important point, if you do pray istikhara then you must follow whichever answer you get, even if when it comes you arent sure you are brave enough to)

TheDMshouldbeRivened Thu 17-Sep-09 07:55:26

just trying t find out if the 'must be over 45 if unaccomapnied woman' counts when its a VIP thingy paid for by the King.

littleducks Sat 19-Sep-09 08:55:23

Any news?

I asked my mil about it (she has done hajj alot in the past for years and has seen all the changes they have have made, paving etc) She said you would probably need someone to push you in places there but once you were there it wouldnt be to hard to arrange and would cost comparatively very little, she said it was better to do this than to get too exhausted in the first stages and not be able to continue

Firawla Sat 19-Sep-09 19:48:25

I agree with the suggestions of do istikhara, if you rely on that you cant go wrong

how do u manage to get your hajj paid by king?? (king of saudi i presume?), niceee opertunity masha Allah

Deeeja Sat 19-Sep-09 20:03:41

I would ask them to make provision for your daughter, and someone to help you. If they are paying for you to go, then they should arrange it that you can actually attend.
Probably a useless answer, but wow, it is such an oppurtunity. But I don't really trust the kind of Saudi, but different topic.
Inshallah, Allah will provide you with an answer.

Deeeja Sat 19-Sep-09 20:03:59

sorry, king

littleducks Sat 19-Sep-09 20:22:28

They offer out free hajj trips every year, i knew a man who went because he hadnt been and did alot of charity work etc and was nominated by isb

So purely being chosen is a honour riven, someone must think you deserve it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now