Talk

Advanced search

What does the presence of God feel like to you?

(6 Posts)
Lillieshill Sun 30-Nov-14 10:05:07

The was an interesting interview with a hermit on PM on radio 4 yesterday. In it he was asked to describe what the presence of God felt like to him. He replied ' warmth, comfort, indescribable'.
To me it feels like a whole ness, completeness, a settledness, and, well, a presence. A sense that someone is with me.
So that got me thinking, what does the presence of God, feel like to you?

Shockers Sun 30-Nov-14 10:12:23

It feels like a parent. Someone to chatter to thankfully and excitedly when I spot something beautiful; someone to tell my fears to and get a reassuring hand on my shoulder; someone to ask me those awkward questions that make me examine my conscience when I've got it wrong.

Lillieshill Sun 30-Nov-14 10:25:34

Thanks Shockers. It is really interesting to hear different people's experiences of what God feels like in their lives.

niminypiminy Sun 30-Nov-14 16:35:17

Here is the link to the interview with Fr Bruno.

That feeling of the presence of God is like a haunting tune -- once heard, never forgotten, even though you can't recall it exactly, but you would spend your life longing and hoping and listening to hear it again.

A moment when I know I am loved; a moment when I know that he is with me. That is what the presence of God feels like to me.

Like being out of time and the focus of loving attention. Difficult to describe but as niminy says once encountered not forgotten.

sunnyspot Sun 30-Nov-14 18:30:19

The immensely comforting feeling of never being alone. Inner peace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now