Talk

Advanced search

Buddism beginners?

(13 Posts)
Celestria Wed 15-Oct-14 09:14:10

I wondered if anyone else is literally just starting their buddism journey and wants to chat?

There is a buddist centre in my town and I am planning on attending the introduction to buddism and meditation class each week. smile

KinkyDorito Tue 27-Jan-15 07:09:35

Are you still around? Me too. How did you get on?

chocoluvva Mon 23-Feb-15 11:55:20

I'm in the same situation as you Celestria - hope to start next week.

BreakingBuddhist Thu 26-Feb-15 12:14:05

Luckily, with buddhist practice, it is possible to start right now!!!

cockneydad Fri 13-Mar-15 19:11:14

Buddhist here is anyone wants a chat!

Purpleboa Sun 05-Apr-15 23:33:42

Another Buddhist over here! waves I practice Nichiren Buddhism, anyone else?

OrlaGogg Sun 05-Apr-15 23:47:28

Purple, I'm quite interested in Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism, if that's the same thing, having had a work colleague who practised. Is it easy to start?

itsnothingoriginal Tue 21-Apr-15 15:29:15

Anyone still around?

I've just started practising Nichiren Buddhism too. How do you find it Purple?

Orla - really easy to get started. Chanting pronunciation was worrying me but it's quite straightforward when you get going!

Mitzi50 Sat 09-May-15 14:00:44

Just come across this - I've signed up for a meditation course at a local Buddhist centre but have no idea what to expect.

cockneydad Sun 10-May-15 08:58:55

Good luck Mitzi50, let us know how you get on. Remember there are many classes around with different 'feel' to them, so it might take a while to find something that works for you (or you might get on like a house on fire the first place you try!)

Mitzi50 Sun 10-May-15 10:46:28

Thanks cockneydad - I live in a rural location so there aren't any other centres around so hopefully I'll like this one. The woman on the phone said that it is mainly meditation but also some discussion so I don't know what to expect. I've never been a particularly spiritual person but I feel the need to find more meaning as I get older

cockneydad Sun 10-May-15 13:44:08

No worries - hope it works out for you!

rogueantimatter Tue 26-May-15 13:31:03

I've done a couple of Buddhism courses at a Buddhist centre. Really enjoyed them.

How's everyone else getting on?

I have some questions I'd love to ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now