Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Smell of my grandad

(6 Posts)
CheesyBadger Sat 22-Feb-14 09:04:47

I went to my grandad s funeral yesterday and was so upset in the evening, it all got on top of me. I was standing in my kitchen sobbing when the smell of his scent hit me straight in the nose and stopped me dead. Massive comfort and I know he is ok now. Sounds daft and nothing like this has happened to me before, but I think he knew I needed reassurance he was ok.

Don't know why I am posting really, it was just so amazing I had to share, and I know not everyone will believe in this, but that's ok.

RoxyRobin Sat 22-Feb-14 10:59:44

My DSis said this happened to her when our DF died. He'd been a cigar smoker and the day he died she smelt the strong smell of his favourite brand - she was two hundred miles away so it wasn't an actual lingering scent from the soft furnishings! She sensed it intermittently for a while afterwards. I felt slightly miffed because I never had this experience - think I must be insensitive.

Sorry about your grandad, but glad to hear you've had this to comfort you.

CheesyBadger Sat 22-Feb-14 20:13:39

Thank you, and it is nice to know it is something which has happened to other people. The scent he wore was very distinctive and it really was a great comfort.

IndigoBarbie Mon 24-Feb-14 10:16:42

I know how amazing this is too. Sorry for your loss xx

ladypete Mon 03-Mar-14 22:37:29

I smell my gran's house's distinctive smell etc on occasion. (She lived 300 miles away).

I absolutely believe it was him comforting you

1944girl Sat 08-Mar-14 23:54:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now