Talk

Advanced search

christening presents

(2 Posts)
stegasaurus Tue 12-Jul-11 12:38:52

Any suggestions for a great Christening present for my niece who will also be my godaughter? Was there anything your DC received that was particularly special/ appreciated? Her 2 cousins, who aren't related to me, are also being christened at the same time, so I would like to get them a small present each but don't know what as I don't know them.

newlark Tue 12-Jul-11 15:40:09

I bought my niece and nephew a children's bible each (they are also my god children). I also appreciated books of children's prayers given to my dc's - they like to choose a prayer at bedtime and it is a good way to encourage prayer if like me you feel a bit self-conscious praying out loud with your children.

Another present they particularly appreciated was engraved children's cutlery which we use every day - like www.childrens-cutlery.co.uk/ (we haven't used that actual website - it was just the first I found on google). Another idea is a set of childrens china - ds was given a very hungry caterpillar set (from John Lewis), you can also get Beatrix Potter china.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now