Talk

Advanced search

Large (90cm) aquarium dis/recommendations

(9 Posts)
LeninGhoul Mon 26-Oct-09 13:33:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

beautifulgirls Mon 26-Oct-09 16:26:11

I have just bought a Juwel "vision 180" aquarium. I got a price from aquacadabra.co.uk/ which was the best price I could find, and then went to my local fish shop that I know and trust for quality fish and advice and asked them to match the price which they were happy to do. The website linked there was however collection only for that price, but is pretty local to me so I could have still gone there if the local fish store said no.
I absolutely love the tank by the way.

Have you had fish before? There is quite a lot involved in getting the water quality right before you start thinking about adding fish, and not putting in too many at a time once you are ready to add them. I would suggest you take a look at some fishy forums first is you are a novice and get some info so you know what you are doing when you first start out. Sadly not all aquarium shops are as good with their advice as they should be so it will do no harm to find out yourself. One site I have used quite a bit for information and found very friendly and helpful is www.aquaticcommunity.com/ They have a forum on there and lots of useful general info about fish etc. It is mostly American but the same advice still applies where you are. There is also a free ebook you can download about fish care in general and very useful to read.

Hope that helps - enjoy your aquarium....mine is gradually getting stocked!

monkeyfacegrace Mon 26-Oct-09 16:42:26

Can I recommend fishforums.net, Im a member and have been for along time. They will tell you all you need to know. And please, if yo do anything, DONT LISTEN TO PETS AT HOME!

sweetnitanitro Mon 26-Oct-09 17:12:40

hello again grin

Totally agree about P@H, the same goes for most pet shops unfortunately hmm you are much better off asking a geek fishkeeper on a fish forum.

Is this tank for your goldfish? If so, the filter on the juwel vision won't really cut the mustard. They are great tanks for a basic tropical community or for less messy fish but goldfish need uber-filtration.

You need to be very careful buying fish stuff online at the moment, there's been this conman that had multiple websites and kept opening new ones and he's ripped loads of people off angry I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name and shame on here but you'll see warnings about him on most fish fora. Ebay is good for most fish stuff, I've bought tanks and filters there before.

LeninGhoul Mon 26-Oct-09 19:35:24

sweetnitanitro Mon 26-Oct-09 21:19:57

OK, you need this one in the size 36x18x15 and you need this filter and you need this test kit and this water conditioner for starters, is that helpful? grin

I would really have a gander on ebay, that clearseal tank is £80 brand new but you should be able to get a second hand one for next to nothing. I got one for £30 that was advertised in my local shop window and it was only a year or so old. Freecycle will have freebies too.

Here are some ebay bargains grin

If you are planning to put the tank on a stand that is not designed for a tank, bear in mind that water weighs a lot! 25 gallons of water will weigh about 250lbs (the weight of a rather large man), don't go knackering your furniture!

sweetnitanitro Mon 26-Oct-09 22:05:27

Meant to say that I haven't used any of those websites (other than ebay) so I can't say whether they are any good or not, I was just showing you what you needed.

alysonpeaches Mon 26-Oct-09 22:05:51

I can sell you a Juwel 96 litre, I have 2 with Juwel stands, they are about 30 inches long. I am downsizing on the fish side as we are getting a pup. Let me know if you are interested.

LeninGhoul Tue 27-Oct-09 13:09:00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now