Talk

Advanced search

End of the World PARTY!!!!!

(21 Posts)
S1ur Tue 09-Sep-08 22:09:48

let's have a boogie

Time to celebrate people. grin What fabulous things do you love about this world?

<<and which you will be enjoying this time tomorrow when the world actually OF COURSE, DOES NOT END>>

S1ur Tue 09-Sep-08 22:19:05

hmm bit quiet round here.

I shall assume you are out enjoying actual things rather than mning grin

DOes no one want to say 'my kids' 'sex' 'chocolate?'

fryalot Tue 09-Sep-08 22:20:32

<<<dances into thread>>>

<<<sings along with Michael Stipe>>>

have promised to buy dd1 a playstation if the world does, in fact, end tomorrow grin

CafeConLecheGalore Tue 09-Sep-08 22:23:03

what you on about then?

PortBlacksandResident Tue 09-Sep-08 22:24:58

Gets in the spirit of things

fryalot Tue 09-Sep-08 22:25:41

oh, haven't you heard, the world is going to end tomorrow when (depending on whether you listen to dp [science buff] or dd1 [has listened to schoolyard gossip])

a) they switch on the CERN particle accelerator machine (or something, I wasn't listening) in Switzerland which may cause a break in the space/time coninuum (or was that Back to the Future.. not sure, anyway...) causing us all to cease to exist.

or

b) They make a black hole in sweden which we will all fall into.

S1ur Tue 09-Sep-08 22:26:52

Ah end of the world promises are in the 'bank'

I have promised someone lots of money I don't have if we all die. I will do my best to honour that bet

I have integrity.

La la lah

I am excited, actual science is on the news. Hee hee.

Right back to celebrating, erm I like people generally. I think some of the people on the planet are brilliant.

I like it when clever people make music and films especially.

AvenaLife Tue 09-Sep-08 22:27:54

It's not going to end tomorrow. It will end on November 15th 3150 because the martians will get so sick of us dumping shit in space that they will blow us up and build a bypass where earth used to be. Stop worrying.

CafeConLecheGalore Tue 09-Sep-08 22:28:53

oh
right
okey doke
not a lot to be done about that by little old me is there, so think i'll not bother to think about it tbh

oh god, im a bimbo, arent i?

holy cow.

PortBlacksandResident Tue 09-Sep-08 22:29:18

I like alot of the animals here.

Except possibly spiders although i agree they do a sterling job.

Dogs, Field Mice and Giant Tortoises are my particular favourites.

fryalot Tue 09-Sep-08 22:30:03

I quite like spiders actually

S1ur Tue 09-Sep-08 22:30:42

Oh oh oh the whole thing just makes me swoon.

CERN - institution dedicated to the advancement of scientific knowledge only the very best scientists can work there.

They have built a particle accelerator (ooh like something out of a scifi flick) to discover the makings of our universe.

It is under the mountains (ooh like a bond movie)

And they switch on tomorrow at 8.30am.

And it WON'T END THE WORLD but some hypothesis that there is a miniscule chance it could so some newspapers are going with that. I'll give you two guesses what newspapers!

mrsruffallo Tue 09-Sep-08 22:30:48

Not my usual style, but I have had this song on my mind www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvqejATUgaE

AvenaLife Tue 09-Sep-08 22:31:27

It's odd. I thought it would be the USA (George Bush to be exact) that brought on the downfall of Earth and blew the planet up. (sorry all ye american mnetters).

PortBlacksandResident Tue 09-Sep-08 22:32:07

Any mention of Flux Capacitors?

KerryMum Tue 09-Sep-08 22:32:33

maybe I'll finally have a bit of peace and quiet.

S1ur Tue 09-Sep-08 22:32:59

port - lovely I like a bit of Will.

S1ur Tue 09-Sep-08 22:34:38

Aven grin I think dilithium crystals may be involved.

fryalot Tue 09-Sep-08 22:34:47

lol, kerrymum grin

maybe I'll win a bloody scrabble game wink

AvenaLife Tue 09-Sep-08 22:36:25

Should I let ds have another day off school? Seems a bit pointless sending him if we're all going to die anyway. I might let him play on the WII all day while I get drunk. smile

KerryMum Tue 09-Sep-08 22:43:20

i'd say you might win this one squonk. I'm crazy busy getting ready for this trip so might not finish for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now