Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP - 40th birthday next month!

(8 Posts)
knat Tue 17-Jul-07 16:37:30

Can't believe i'm 40 next month ( am in complete denial) dont know what to do to celebrate or what gifts to have. Dh keeps asking what to get me and although I dont what to accept im 40 i think i will regret not doing something. Any ideas for gifts and also what i could do to celebrate. Not a party. Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Tiggerish Tue 17-Jul-07 16:48:50

knat - mine's coming up in December and I have been thinking exactly the same thing!

Presents I have come up with (so far!) are a new watch, one of those digital photo frames to have at work, jewellery (would love an eternity ring or something but can't really ask for one!).

I'm at a complete loss about the celebrations though. Being at Christmas causes loads of extra problems.

heifer Tue 17-Jul-07 16:51:30

My 40th is in March and as we are moving away soon and I will probably still be Billy no mates by then I have decided that it would be nice to have a special holiday..

We have talked about going to NZ (bit extreme I know - but we have talked about it for years and never got there)... also DD starts school sept 2008 so we want to go before then)

so how about a holiday/weekend away depending on budget?

lapsedrunner Tue 17-Jul-07 16:54:41

Vouchers for beauty treatments/Spa visit etc

RGPargy Tue 17-Jul-07 16:55:21

It'll be mine in January - very inconvenient as my birthday is after Xmas and New Year but before everyone's January pay day.

I like the sound of a nice trip to Australia but i'll have a two month old baby by then so i dont think we'd be able to afford it.

I have no idea what to do for my birthday or what [realistic] pressies i want!

Tiggerish - drop massive hints if you want an eternity ring. Blokes are dim at reading minds!

WideWebWitch Tue 17-Jul-07 16:55:22

What do you like doing? With or without children?

For dh's 30th I took him to 5 star London hotel, booked their private cinema, gave him 30 dvds as a birthday present with a slot in the private cinema to screen one of them. Plus Champagne, canapes etc, we were there for 2 nights.

For my 40th dh booked a swish holiday cottage in Cornwall, arranged a babysitter and secretly booked my 2 sisters, their husbands and my cousin and his wife to meet us for dinner in a lovely restaurant overlooking the river at Fowey. Plus some great presents, a week with him and the children and what I really, really wanted, a magnolia tree.

What's your budget? What's your perfect day?

knat Wed 18-Jul-07 16:30:58

thanks. I think a holiday is out of the question unfortunately as money is abit tight. I;ve thought about a watch and some bits of jewellery. Although dd is 3.8 we have never left her for a night anywhere and not sure how i feel about doing that (mad i know!!!).

Thanks keep thoe ideas coming.

Azure Thu 19-Jul-07 12:43:43

Is there anything you've always fancied doing? For my sister's 40th she had a ride in a hot air balloon. For my 40th DH took me to Paris for one night and I had lunch in the restaurant up the Eiffel Tower - something I had always wanted to do for some reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now