Talk

Advanced search

1st birthday party - help

(5 Posts)
isobel79 Fri 27-Jan-17 08:44:12

Hello never hosted a children's party before. My first child turns 1 in march. Ive got as far as ordering a cake! Any ideas would be appreciated regarding food, party bags, games....Its a only going to be small say 20 people including adults.

KathySelden Wed 01-Feb-17 20:28:17

Games are tricky as they are so young. We did pass the parcel but did 2 to make it quicker, and a song basket....just gathered up a load of soft toys etc that represented a nursery rhyme, everyone picks one then go around the circle singing them....

Food, sandwiches, cheese, veg sticks and Pom bears.. some fruit and birthday cake for sweet stuff.

I made my party bags a. Bit differently from the norm... bottles from home bargains and water beads to make your own sensory bottle, a ballon and some bubbles

I also had walkers and ride ons in the hall. It's hard as they are so young but just kept it relaxed and fun

isobel79 Wed 01-Feb-17 21:07:42

Thank you much appreciated

Nicpem1982 Sat 04-Feb-17 07:38:44

Hiya we just had toys out for my dds party food I did sandwiches fruit platters abc mini French pastries

Party bags I did a board book for the children with a flap jack thing and a sensory ball I also added a mini bottle of prosecco and home made truffles for the mums with a tag "here's a little present to help you relax after coming to my party love mini x" Went down well but I knew the mums well

isobel79 Sat 04-Feb-17 13:54:36

I like that thank you LP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now