Talk

Advanced search

Would you go to a rainy outdoor party?

(7 Posts)
fizzyvimto Fri 10-Jul-15 22:48:23

Just that really. If you were invited to an outdoor party and it was rainy (not pissing down rainy, but grey and showery) would you go, or would you make an excuse and decline?

Leeds2 Sat 11-Jul-15 12:58:59

If I had said I would go then, yes, I would.

billabye Sat 11-Jul-15 13:06:58

Yes as I would imagine the host will now be worrying about people not turning up

DeladionInch Sat 11-Jul-15 13:11:41

I would assume alternative arrangements had been made and that the party was going ahead unless the host/ess told me otherwise

iwantgin Sat 11-Jul-15 13:13:42

Yes.

Agree with the above posters.

As a party host it is crap when guests start pulling out in droves. Not fair on the remainder who DO show up.

BackforGood Sat 11-Jul-15 13:24:17

If I'd said I were going somewhere then yes, I'd go. e very rude not to.
I would presume that anyone arranging a party outdoors would have alternative bad weather arrangements though.

fizzyvimto Sat 11-Jul-15 16:03:31

Thanks. It's really tricky. The weather was looking good but the forecast has suddenly changed. There's a limited number of venues around here, and I'm reluctant to spend £120 reserving a venue (if I can find anywhere at such short notice) if we don't need it after all.
I think next year we'll just take a couple of friends out for the day as worrying about the weather is just too stressful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now