Talk

Advanced search

my kids eat nothing!!

(5 Posts)
Rochel4 Fri 06-Nov-09 00:15:57

I have 4 dc, 1 of whom is a baby and eats everything but no doubt she'll turn out like the rest. Every night i prepare nice meals only to be met with looks of disgust,total refusals or one bite and thats it. i am totally tempted to serve them plain bread for dinner since they eat nothing anyway! my oldest ds needs everything to be white aswell. i am going nuts! anyone else have similar dilemma??

colditz Fri 06-Nov-09 00:27:03

What do you do after they have refused their dinner? Do you give them nothing but water until breakfast the next day?

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 06-Nov-09 07:38:53

Unfortunately my dd seems to exist on fresh air. I force her to eat a breakfast of some description - currently the favourite is Shreddies. She takes a packed lunch to school and more often than not the sandwich and fruit come back. She then declines what I've made for our dinner so goes to bed hungry. I have only recently introduced this 'rule' but I was fed up with making two seperate dinner.

sarah293 Fri 06-Nov-09 07:59:26

Message withdrawn

FernieB Fri 06-Nov-09 09:02:04

Don't give in to them. Mine used to be very fussy, but then they started school here in Germany and have school dinners here (where there is no choice at all - they all get the same) and now are less picky. They still have bad days though. I try to give them at least 1 thing on their plates that I know they'll eat. They know that there is nothing else if they don't eat dinner.

It can be annoying trying to accommodate them though. I have one who likes plain food, and would love a roast with plenty of veg every night. The other prefers spicier things. I try to alternate days.

How old are they? Would they eat it if they cooked it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now