Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning toddlers bottom....

(9 Posts)
Mimi1977 Thu 29-Oct-09 10:28:57

You know when they are tiny you use water and cotton wool? Well I did that religiously but now she's 14 months I use a mixture of water and wetwipes. Do other mums do that or just use wetwipes? Sometimes with teeth nappies (if you know what I mean!)I'd be there all day with cotton balls.

SorciereAnna Thu 29-Oct-09 10:29:45

Wetwipes - if you use them well, you don't need more than two per change ever IMHO.

FlamingoBingo Thu 29-Oct-09 10:30:06

Washable wipes with water on.

BornToFolk Thu 29-Oct-09 10:58:05

Washable wipes (basically a small flannel dipped in water). I never really got on with cotton wool balls, his bum would just end up covered in fluff!

BiscuitStuffer Fri 30-Oct-09 21:13:02

Huggies pure wipes - have the least additional stuff and no lotion and gen uinely feel like wipes and water

cakeslover Fri 30-Oct-09 22:11:22

Pampers sensitive or johnsons baby wipes.. tried a cheaper version these days and ended up using 2/3 times more.

aendr Fri 30-Oct-09 22:41:11

At home I use wet wipes (Pampers sensitive) for poo, then a go over with a washable wipe and water wherever wee might be and to get rid of the wet wipes chemicals. If it's just a change because the nappy would leak then just a washable wipe with water. After about 5 or 6 months I stopped getting fresh warm water and only change the bowl of water once a day (we don't dip dirty fingers in it.) When out and about, just a wet wipe. I stopped using cotton wool at around 2 months, when the washable wipes were delivered.
We've never had nappy rash.

llaregguBOO Fri 30-Oct-09 22:44:33

I only use wipes and neither of my boys have had nappy rash. DS1 is 3 so I think that is pretty good going! He does get a bath every day though.

4little1s Fri 30-Oct-09 22:50:37

Wetwipes, Cotton Wool and Water does the trick nicely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now