Talk

Advanced search

Leaving a BF 11mo overnight, would you do it? and if so, how?

(2 Posts)
MegBusset Fri 31-Jul-09 13:30:55

DH is 40 next March, would really love to treat him to a night away from the DCs. We have never stayed overnight before apart from when DS2 was born (even then we put DS1 to bed before going to hospital!). So need a bit of encouragement really...

I could ask my parents to come and babysit. DS1 will be 3 so I think he'll be fine. But DS2 will be only 11mo and still BF, and although I sincerely hope he'll be sleeping through the night by then, it's not guaranteed...

So, any tips for leaving them overnight? Would I need to get DS2 used to taking a bottle? (With DS1 I never bothered with a bottle. But he has only just started accepting milk from a cup at 2.5!) Or would he be likely to accept a cup if he was hungry in the middle of the night? What if he cried and cried because he wanted mummy?

Or am I worrying far too much about what other people probably do all the time? (answer = yes, I imagine I am!)

soupmaker Fri 31-Jul-09 15:05:39

Hello Meg. Hmmm, yes, I think you are worrying far too much IMHO, but you need to do what is right for you. I was lucky my BF DD would take a bottle of EBM when required. Its such a long way off and impossible to guess whether DS2 will sleep through or still be being BF - you just never know what is round the corner - my DD gave up BFing before I wanted to stop. I'd just book it - after all DH is only 40 once - and worry about the consequences in Feb wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now