Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

At what age did you stop using non-bio for your DCs?

(10 Posts)
burningupinspeed Sat 20-Jun-09 18:56:39

... if at all I suppose.

Just lazy and fed up of separating washing blush

bodiddly Sat 20-Jun-09 18:59:55

probably about 6 months to a year ago now, so when ds was 3.5ish. I had been using non bio for all the washing as couldn't be bothered to do separate loads but it just doesn't cope well enough with dp's tops etc. Ds has been fine on bold ever since!

burningupinspeed Sat 20-Jun-09 19:02:58

Oh I do feel lazy now, DS will be 2 in a few months blush

Is the issue with non-bio just that it is gentler on skin? <knows nothing>

SlartyBartFast Sat 20-Jun-09 19:08:00

good question!
can't remember though blush
dd asked me today why i didnt use fairy anymore!

perhaps at toddler stage when everythign gets so filthy?

ChasingSquirrels Sat 20-Jun-09 19:15:45

well, I got one pack and washed all my new new-born clothes with it before he was born. I finished the pack, but never brought another one.

FaintlyMacabre Sat 20-Jun-09 19:19:53

Birth. I wash nappies, sheets and white towels in non-bio at 50/60, colours in bio at 40. There is no scientific rationale behind my method btw!

Seona1973 Sat 20-Jun-09 19:37:28

I used my free samples and then maybe bought one pack of non-bio and then after that just put the dc's clothes in with ours with bio powder - they have had no skin reactions to it so far. (dd is nearly 6 and ds nearly 3)

burningupinspeed Sat 20-Jun-09 19:44:34

Ah ok, I feel better now I'll give it a try, fed up of re-washing things with marks too so might help.

grendel Sat 20-Jun-09 22:27:06

Still using non-bio. DD (nearly 10) has eczema which is aggravated whenever she wears clothes washed in normal powder (eg by a helpful grandma!)

We use Fairy for all of our washing (easier than sorting) and wash everything at 40 degrees. I've kind of got used to some things not getting really clean.

Tryingtobehealthy Sun 21-Jun-09 12:23:22

I used bio straight from birth. It's only a problem if your DC reacts to it - so just try and if they're fine then carry on using it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now