Talk

Advanced search

when your parent criticises your parenting

(2 Posts)
angelfire Tue 28-Oct-08 14:46:34

I have a 5 year old DS. I had a particularly traumatic parents evening last week (was only things I already know about my headstrong, determined child) that left me in a bit of a tizz. Teacher did not make suggestions about how to resolve matters. Just left with feeling that she didn;t actually LIKE DS. I spoke to my mum about my concerns only to be told by her that I let my DS run rings around me, wasn't disciplining him, was inconsistent etc. Just feel I was kicked whilst I was down. Needed a cuddle rather than her adding to my self doubts. AAARRRGGGHHH! Just needed to get it off my chest

UmMwahahahaaaaa Wed 29-Oct-08 11:27:45

Ohhh poor you. Have a virtual cuddle.smile
Am a (secondary) teacher, and have always tried to be supportive and offer suggestions. And try to find things I like about all the kids too. sad

Kids DO need boundaries, yes, but IMO/E the most important thing they need is love. So love him, love him and let your discipline/boundaries come from that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now