Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cost of school and youthgroup residential trips?

(7 Posts)
UniS Mon 20-Oct-08 20:41:04

How much does it cost, up and down the country , to get rid of your teenager for the weekend. To an activity weekend where they will be feed, might get some sleep in a tent and will have a throughly busy time doing sport type things.
Am curious about the variation in areas as well as ages.

MOrticiaAdams Mon 20-Oct-08 20:42:39

Last time dd was away for the weekend with Guides, it cost about £40 I think.

TequilaMockinBird Mon 20-Oct-08 20:43:09

My DD (10) has just returned from one of these weekends with Girls Brigade.

The cost was £70 and, apart from all the bruises (and a nose which I thought was broken!!), she had a great time grin

UniS Wed 22-Oct-08 20:37:55

bump? I'm genuinly interested, I have no idea whats normal and how much might need to be budgeted for. NOT a journalist, honest.

DH and I run a Scout Troop. A weekend camp cost £15, but then again we don't do activities, just camping, cooking and survival type skills. A weeks Summer camp, where they tend to do 5-8 activites ie climbing, canoeing, rifle shooting is £190. This includes transport.

According to friends who have teenage sons, the local school offers a 4 night residential trip for £210, and that only includes 1 or 2 activites. Again transport included.

We're down in the SE btw

mummyflood Thu 23-Oct-08 08:11:49

DS (14) does explorers. 2/3 nights away averages £40ish, full week in the summer was just over £100 IIRC but 24/7 activities (water-based, fully instructed), had a brilliant time. He is going on an overnight walk/camp locally tommorrow night, helping to supervise scouts with map reading, etc. cooking tea & hot breakfast Sat morning, at a cost to me of £4. Bargain!! gringrin We are in North East.

UniS Sat 25-Oct-08 22:51:28

thank you. been an eye opener to see how much the cost varies. makes 60 for a weekend of full catering and activity training and competitions ( but no transport, bring own tent ) look OK. In devon, open to people from all of UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now