loader

Talk

Advanced search

whats your 18month olds fav toy?

(16 Posts)
cluelessmumofone Mon 13-Oct-08 09:53:16

ideas for my dd please

MogTheForgetfulCat Mon 13-Oct-08 11:00:02

DS1 is now 2.7, but his fave at around that age was a pink wooden pull-along toy with a lovely spherical wheels.

He also got really into his shape-sorter at that age, and stacking cups, although he wasn't terribly competent at either for quite a while...

Divvy Mon 13-Oct-08 11:03:49

my laptop! angry

Lots of hand size toys. Got her some Tomy eggs, the ones in an egg box, she sorts them with the tops and bottoms and shapes. She likes that, it was only 50p from carboot yesterday!

meandmyjoe Tue 14-Oct-08 18:03:05

DS is only 14 months but currently loves books and me reading the same bloody ones over and over and over and over again. He also loves an empty quality street tin and a wooden spoon to beat the hell out of it! Shape sorters are good although ds is pretty crap at it!

I think anything that makes a lot of noise is good.

Jojay Tue 14-Oct-08 18:04:27

My ds loves his pink dolly buggy, and pushes his teddies around in it.

Also loves his singing Iggle Piggle

SharpMolarBear Tue 14-Oct-08 18:15:57

pushchair, hoover, lawnmower
all pushing things i suppose

Tangle Tue 14-Oct-08 20:57:43

DD is 18.5 months. Current favourites include:

Megablocks
Lift out puzzle (like this but with about 25 pieces]]
Stacking cups
Anything she can get out of the kitchen cupboards...

phdlife Tue 14-Oct-08 21:03:58

cars, cars, cars, and cars.

oh, and his truck hmm

he goes through the cupboards
he tips all his toys out on the floor at least once a day
he likes to sit in his wagon to watch tv
and has to be between me and anything I'm doing
but really it is all about the cars

and reading the same book 97 times a day

Plonker Tue 14-Oct-08 21:07:59

My dd is a little younger (15 months) and is currently obsessed with books. And i mean obsessed! Bringing them to me constantly to read or look at the pictures together.

Other favourites are dolly and pram (loves her 'baby'), little cars and our dog hmm grin

Gateau Wed 15-Oct-08 09:45:16

My 18 month DS doesn't concentrate on anything for too long, but the current flavours of the month are his toy lawnmower (£3 from Woolies). Most of all, he just loves running round and pulling stuff out of kitchen cupboards.

wingandprayer Wed 15-Oct-08 09:49:51

My 16m DS currently obsessed with toy microwave that belongs to older DD. We even just had to take it on holiday with us - was self catering in UK I hasten to add, we didn't take it on a plane anything. He spends hours opening and shutting door and shoving various other toys in. Should I worry it reflects badly on my cooking skills?! Jamie Oliver would not be happy...

Pinkjenny Wed 15-Oct-08 09:51:38

She has a Teletubbies house, which she loves, and a Happyland Post Office. Generally anything little and fiddly which she could choke on. grin

mrsgrimwig Wed 15-Oct-08 21:09:13

My 18 month DS loves his mini sweeping brush and shape sorters but his current favourite is some wooden fruit and vegetables we got from our local toy library that are stuck together with velcro. They come with a wooden knife and he spends ages completely engrossed just chopping. Think ELC sell similar things. Saying that, finding old peas under his highchair and rolling them down the ramp of his toy garage has a similar allure for him...

2cats2many Wed 15-Oct-08 21:13:43

Her dolls, buggy and wooden trolly.

trixymalixy Wed 15-Oct-08 21:20:57

Ds is 20months.

His favourite toy is his little tikes cozy coupe, closely followed by a toy guitar.

ohdearwhatamess Wed 15-Oct-08 21:37:10

At that age it was toy garage and cars (garage still quite popular, toys v. popular)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now