Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

should i feel under pressure to let inl's babysit ds 2(10wks)

(7 Posts)
bigboydiditandranaway Mon 06-Oct-08 20:32:34

When inl's visit they take ds upto the park for an hour, he's 2.6yrs old. It gives us a break from inl's as they are overbearing.

I'm starting to feel under pressure that they will want to take ds2 aswell, which i don't want.

Has anyone else felt a bit overwhelmed by doing things sooner with 2nd child

Shitehawk Mon 06-Oct-08 20:34:22

Your decision entirely - don't let them force you into doing anything you don't want to do.

There's plenty of time for them to take him out later, but to your timetable, not theirs.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 06-Oct-08 20:38:15

Quite honestly I'd love someone to take both of them away for an hour. If you trust them with your PFB you ought to do the same with the next one too!

Wisknit Tue 07-Oct-08 10:17:35

If you aren't comfortable with it then don't.
If you are BF then that's a good excuse (one I used shamelessly). It's probably nice for your eldest to have some time on his own too.
Just do what you are happy with.

cupsoftea Tue 07-Oct-08 10:19:37

Just say that he needs a bath, will need a nappy change, is tired, don't let them take your ds if you wont be able to relax about it.

Martha200 Tue 07-Oct-08 17:34:25

If you don't want to, can you say you'd appreciate the 1-1 with the baby whilst they take care of the eldest, also it's a good time for the eldest to feel special grin

bigboydiditandranaway Tue 07-Oct-08 20:58:00

thanks all, i feel better nowsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now