Talk

Advanced search

Patting myself on the back

(12 Posts)
itati Tue 15-Jul-08 12:21:46

blush

I have posted many times of my problems being a Mum. DS1 (age 7) started to kick off this morning. I got down to his level, gently held his arms and told him, he could carry on like he was, being in a mood, throwing, hitting etc, but it would achieve nothing and get him nowhere. It worked! shock

Uriel Tue 15-Jul-08 12:23:12

Brilliant! smile

cheesesarnie Tue 15-Jul-08 12:23:26

hurrah!three cheers!well done you!
now can you come and help with my ds1 please?grin

itati Tue 15-Jul-08 12:32:27

I would but I think we are miles away!

And I am no expert. It just worked today as I have realised if I get shouty it gets worse. blush

cheesesarnie Tue 15-Jul-08 12:33:58

my ds is same age as yours.its hard isnt it.

itati Tue 15-Jul-08 12:35:06

It really is. I have no idea what I am doing yet I don't remember having any trouble when I was a nanny coping with the children. I looked after lots of children in my 10 years from 10 weeks of age up to a 9 year old.

cheesesarnie Tue 15-Jul-08 12:36:20

i think its easier with other peoples children.i used to work in a preschool and it was much easier!

uberalice Tue 15-Jul-08 15:09:47

Well done!

It took me so long (and a course of ADs, and a string of counselling sessions) to realise that sometimes the only solution is to do nothing and just wait for them to snap out of it.

itati Tue 15-Jul-08 16:43:38

That's a good piece of advice.

stillthinkinaboutit Tue 15-Jul-08 16:50:43

definately learnt that arguing is pointless!though cant help it sometimes. sound advice if at all poissible is to walk away n let them realise they aren't in control. my dd1 is almost 12 and was militant from the age of 2, still very tryin n definately in the kevin n perry stage. keep smilin i keep remindin myself. nip it in the bud when small n u never kno u might get an easy ride!!

itati Tue 15-Jul-08 20:25:02

I rememebered your advice about sometimes it is best to do nothing when listening to DS1 read his school book. He was being silly and normally I would get cross. I said, and did nothing and then he carried on reading properly and nicely, thank you.

uberalice Tue 15-Jul-08 21:38:22

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now