Talk

Advanced search

Vaping with newborn

(6 Posts)
Razpoot Thu 27-Aug-20 07:53:05

Before DD was born, I vaped. Stopped during pregnancy then began again after she was born (always vaping away from her obviously) thinking "woohoo, finally!" Until I discovered that nicotine can pass in breastmilk sad so now I feel really guilty, I've started the habit again and the addiction but it's even harder to stop now as I keep finding after a stressful day I'm desperate for that quick and easy relief. I love her to bits but I'm finding it really hard sad

OP’s posts: |
HowFastIsTooFast Thu 27-Aug-20 07:58:25

Can you try a nicotine free vape, so the habit of actually doing it is being satisfied?

CanIGetARefund Thu 27-Aug-20 08:02:34

Don't be harsh on yourself. Nicotine itself is not particularly harmful, it's just very addictive. By vaping instead of smoking cigarettes you are saving yourself and your baby from hundreds of carcinogens. I have known people to gradually decrease the nicotine content of their vape, in order to end the addiction. Could you do that?

Razpoot Thu 27-Aug-20 08:12:21

The thing is it's not my own vape, it's my partners. I wouldn't want my own or I'd use it too much! So at least it's only in the evenings when he comes back from work, but it does mean I can't change the nicotine content, and also with the kind of vape it is it's a set catridge that you can't change. I've not thought about getting a nicotine free one, I don't know if it would work since I would know I'm not getting that rush for relief and that's what I'm always after

OP’s posts: |
ZooKeeper19 Thu 27-Aug-20 23:43:27

@Razpoot just be careful, the cartridges to the vaping things are extremely poisonous to children when eaten (has happened before). They can die of it. Also bad for you, but you know that smile

Sayitagainwhydontyou Fri 28-Aug-20 02:05:29

Could both you and your partner quit together?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in