Talk

Advanced search

Stroller recommendation for holiday

(13 Posts)
Abouttimemum Sun 09-Feb-20 16:29:44

Hiya, we’re planning our first holiday abroad next month when DS will be 1 and seeking recommendations on a lightweight travel-friendly stroller I can take on an aeroplane.
On the cheaper end really although we will probably use it at home and UK holidays too as the pushchair is a bit bulky nowadays! So don’t mind paying more if it’s worth it. Thanks!

OnlyLittleMissOrganised Sun 09-Feb-20 19:18:11

We have the silver cross jet. It folds to the size of a hand luggage suitcase to take on the plane. So means it wont get wrecked going in the hols and you will have it as soon as you get off the plane.

BeansOnToast123 Wed 12-Feb-20 12:07:16

Bump!

surreygirl1987 Thu 13-Feb-20 19:58:45

We have the Baby Jogger City Mini GT. Got it for £150on eBay. It isn't as small as the babyzen yoyo or whatever the tiny folding one is called, but it folds, can easily be put into a pram bag and put on plane, is solid and sturdy with solid wheels for off-roading, and can attach a carrycot if needed. Masdive sunshade hood too with peep holes in hood.

Sexnotgender Thu 13-Feb-20 20:03:16

I’ve got a Joie Nitro, it’s cheap, light and robust. Folds flat which is great.

copperoliver Thu 13-Feb-20 20:07:59

Babyzen yo-yo x

bernardswatchplease Thu 13-Feb-20 20:54:10

Zeta vooom (there's a few in the range) from amazon, was less than £50 with a very generous sun shade and rain cover. Lays flat, little basket underneath. It has to go in hold as it folds down like a regular umbrella handle buggy. But I can't recommend it highly enough! It's got a bit of naff styling on the side but it's robust, light and comfortable. The sun shade in particular was perfect for holiday and my £1k icandy peach now gathers dust at home as the light buggy is easier and more enjoyable to use!

HouseOfCrayCray Thu 13-Feb-20 21:09:30

Quinny zapp, really light, folds small, looks cute smile

Russianslice Thu 13-Feb-20 21:19:02

We love our Joie Nitro. It was around £50 for our holiday from Argos. It’s light weight, easy to fold and goes flat. We bought an add on sun shade.

PinkDaydreams Fri 14-Feb-20 12:23:32

Does anyone know if Tui allow the buggies on board that fold down to hand luggage size? So I can use it as soon as stepping off the plane rather than having to wait for it to arrive (battered)?

HouseOfCrayCray Fri 14-Feb-20 19:40:51

It'll have to go in the hold, but they'll let you use it through security, right up until the gate then take it when you board.

DreamingofSunshine Fri 14-Feb-20 19:52:08

@PinkDaydreams I've not done it with TUI but either Ryanair or easyJet told me I couldn't take my yo-yo pram on as hand luggage. I ignored them and took it on anyway, I had paid for the large cabin size bag, it fitted in the measuring gauge and I put it in the yo-yo rucksack so it just looked like a bag.

The yo-yo is great but I think there's cheaper on the market now, and I'd question how much you need it if you only fly once a year. I fly at least once a month on my own with my toddler so it's much needed for me, but if I went once a year I'd get a zeta voom or secondhand maclaren.

PinkDaydreams Fri 14-Feb-20 19:54:49

I was thinking of getting something that I could use once home as his current pram is bulky.
That’s so frustrating that companies advertise the buggies/strollers as being suitable for cabin baggage but then the airlines make you put them in the hold anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »